Sep 28, 2010, 4:35 PM EST
The trade rumors are still there — even as the much-discussed four-team trade is dead. The talk will not die no matter what happens with this round of rumors, there will be another and another and…
Carmelo Anthony wants to get away from those rumors. Probably more than he wants to get away from Denver.
Speaking briefly with the media after Nuggets practice Tuesday Anthony called the court his “safe haven” according to Chris Tomasson of FanHouse.
Melo would not address the trade rumors out there, but did add that not signing an extension somewhere — rather letting his contract expire and testing the free agent market — carried uncertainty because of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
That was all Anthony said, but the rumors keep swirling.
The latest is that the much-discussed four-team trade is dead, according to Adrian Wojnarowski. The Nets and Nuggets are looking for new partners in a similar dance, but are having trouble finding anyone. Meanwhile the Nets are growing weary of this and want some closure one way or another.
This all could go back to square one, with Anthony’s people pushing for Chicago and New York and the Nuggets looking for a better deal. Except now there will be actual basketball games — and a media question in every town for Anthony and Nuggets’ officials — to deal with as well.
This trade may have gone away, but the issue will not. Anthony is going to need that safe haven more and more.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 42
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 21
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3