Sep 28, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Anderson Varejao is missing the start of Cavaliers camp due after being given leave to deal with a death in the family.
Varejao is currently heading back to his native Brazil but should be back after a few days to resume training.
Varejao did twist his ankle slightly on the first day of camp. Although the MRI showed nothing serious this at least gives it a few days to rest.
As for the rest of the Cavaliers, they are finding that new coach Byron Scott wants to run and that means conditioning. So he is running them into the ground during practice. Basically just how you remember high school practices. Well, except you weren’t getting paid millions.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 4
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9