Sep 28, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Anderson Varejao is missing the start of Cavaliers camp due after being given leave to deal with a death in the family.
Varejao is currently heading back to his native Brazil but should be back after a few days to resume training.
Varejao did twist his ankle slightly on the first day of camp. Although the MRI showed nothing serious this at least gives it a few days to rest.
As for the rest of the Cavaliers, they are finding that new coach Byron Scott wants to run and that means conditioning. So he is running them into the ground during practice. Basically just how you remember high school practices. Well, except you weren’t getting paid millions.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3