Sep 28, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Anderson Varejao is missing the start of Cavaliers camp due after being given leave to deal with a death in the family.
Varejao is currently heading back to his native Brazil but should be back after a few days to resume training.
Varejao did twist his ankle slightly on the first day of camp. Although the MRI showed nothing serious this at least gives it a few days to rest.
As for the rest of the Cavaliers, they are finding that new coach Byron Scott wants to run and that means conditioning. So he is running them into the ground during practice. Basically just how you remember high school practices. Well, except you weren’t getting paid millions.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6