Sep 28, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Anderson Varejao is missing the start of Cavaliers camp due after being given leave to deal with a death in the family.
Varejao is currently heading back to his native Brazil but should be back after a few days to resume training.
Varejao did twist his ankle slightly on the first day of camp. Although the MRI showed nothing serious this at least gives it a few days to rest.
As for the rest of the Cavaliers, they are finding that new coach Byron Scott wants to run and that means conditioning. So he is running them into the ground during practice. Basically just how you remember high school practices. Well, except you weren’t getting paid millions.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31