Sep 28, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Anderson Varejao is missing the start of Cavaliers camp due after being given leave to deal with a death in the family.
Varejao is currently heading back to his native Brazil but should be back after a few days to resume training.
Varejao did twist his ankle slightly on the first day of camp. Although the MRI showed nothing serious this at least gives it a few days to rest.
As for the rest of the Cavaliers, they are finding that new coach Byron Scott wants to run and that means conditioning. So he is running them into the ground during practice. Basically just how you remember high school practices. Well, except you weren’t getting paid millions.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 0
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14