Sep 27, 2010, 6:10 PM EST
Rudy Fernandez spent all summer whining — or having his agent whine for him, that’s why the man gets paid the big bucks — about wanting to be traded from Portland.
Rudy Fernandez says he “prefers the European style” and wants to return to Europe. “I don’t feel good in NBA.”
Fernandez has this season at $1.2 million and next season has a team option at $2.2 million. Fernandez the player is a good value at that price, but would you trade for him if you knew his heart was signing with Barcelona? Nope, I’ll keep my first round pick and get a guy I can develop and keep, thank you very much.
So well done Rudy — you walk back into the place you don’t want to be and quickly seal your fate to stay there. You get what you deserve sometimes in life.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 9
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54