Sep 27, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Rudy Fernandez spent all summer whining — or having his agent whine for him, that’s why the man gets paid the big bucks — about wanting to be traded from Portland.
Rudy Fernandez says he “prefers the European style” and wants to return to Europe. “I don’t feel good in NBA.”
Fernandez has this season at $1.2 million and next season has a team option at $2.2 million. Fernandez the player is a good value at that price, but would you trade for him if you knew his heart was signing with Barcelona? Nope, I’ll keep my first round pick and get a guy I can develop and keep, thank you very much.
So well done Rudy — you walk back into the place you don’t want to be and quickly seal your fate to stay there. You get what you deserve sometimes in life.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36