Sep 27, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Rudy Fernandez spent all summer whining — or having his agent whine for him, that’s why the man gets paid the big bucks — about wanting to be traded from Portland.
Rudy Fernandez says he “prefers the European style” and wants to return to Europe. “I don’t feel good in NBA.”
Fernandez has this season at $1.2 million and next season has a team option at $2.2 million. Fernandez the player is a good value at that price, but would you trade for him if you knew his heart was signing with Barcelona? Nope, I’ll keep my first round pick and get a guy I can develop and keep, thank you very much.
So well done Rudy — you walk back into the place you don’t want to be and quickly seal your fate to stay there. You get what you deserve sometimes in life.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13