Michael Beasley, soon to discover golf's winter rules

Sep 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT

Thumbnail image for Beasley_Block.jpgMiami has seemingly countless clubs and ways for players to get into trouble.

The other thing it has seemingly countless numbers of is golf courses. Ones you can play on pretty much 365.

To Michael Beasley’s credit, when he got frustrated and down while disappointing the fans and staff in Miami, he sought solace on the course, not in the clubs, he told the Star Tribune.

“The golf course is not a team sport, it’s a one-man show,” he said. “I go out there by myself: Nobody can call me, I keep my phones in the car. I go out and play my nine holes alone and nobody knows where I am. Golf is like the only place in the world I can go right now and totally think and be one with myself. It’s my one place I go if I’m mad, if I’m down, if I’m sad and my day is not going well.”

Team sport? Because it was Beasley’s teammates were a problem?

This winter he got traded from the Heat to the Timberwolves. What happens when he gets down in Minnesota in February?

“Why don’t you improve your lie a little Mr. Beasley sir?” “Yes, yes winter rules.”

1. 2 words - Sep 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Ice Fishing.

2. ReasonY - Sep 27, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Really dude What is your freaking point??? Get a life!!!

3. Awesome Post! - Sep 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Did you guys know it is cold in the winter in Minnesota? Yeah, that means you can’t golf!
    I know he can’t use them for half the season because of, you know, the snow, but Minnesota has the leading number of Golfers, per capita, in the US. It is a huge sport there. If he can wait until April, he can get a membership at Hazeltine, or one of the other hundred of clubs and courses in the Twin Cities area and play as much as he wants.

4. dew - Sep 27, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I’m pretty sure Beasley is inferring that when he is playing Golf he isn’t accountable for anyone else but himself and not that his team mates were a problem. It’s great though that you can come out with this meaningless post and bash a 21 year old kid with obvious problems. Yes he’s rich and yes he’s a public figure, but he is still a young, albeit slightly off kilter, kid thrust into the crazy situation of being an NBA player. I hope you’re proud of yourself.

5. dew - Sep 27, 2010 at 1:55 PM

6. David - Sep 27, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Yea, I don’t really see in that quote where he complained about his teammates.

7. waywithwords - Sep 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Kurt, perhaps you might spend more time PROOF-READING & less time HATING. Wow!

8. waywithwords - Sep 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Kurt, how about more time PROOF-READING & less time HATING? WOW!

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches