Sep 27, 2010, 5:09 PM EDT
Elton Brand the Sixer did not look like Elton Brand the Clipper.
After the Achilles injury he looked slower — in part because of the injury and in part because he was heavier. New coach Doug Collins noticed that, and challenged Brand to get back to his official listed weight of 254.
“I feel the dividends from that now,” he said. “My legs feel great.”
The Sixers have a roster that should run — Andre Iguodala is a tremendous finisher in the open court, Jrue Holiday can run the break, getting Evan Turner some easy transition buckets would help his confidence, Andres Nocioni and Thaddeus Young can run.
Brand did to back in the day, the dangerous big trailing the initial break. If he can board and run this season, getting closer to his old form, it would be a big boost for the Sixers.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 7
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71