Sep 27, 2010, 5:09 PM EDT
Elton Brand the Sixer did not look like Elton Brand the Clipper.
After the Achilles injury he looked slower — in part because of the injury and in part because he was heavier. New coach Doug Collins noticed that, and challenged Brand to get back to his official listed weight of 254.
“I feel the dividends from that now,” he said. “My legs feel great.”
The Sixers have a roster that should run — Andre Iguodala is a tremendous finisher in the open court, Jrue Holiday can run the break, getting Evan Turner some easy transition buckets would help his confidence, Andres Nocioni and Thaddeus Young can run.
Brand did to back in the day, the dangerous big trailing the initial break. If he can board and run this season, getting closer to his old form, it would be a big boost for the Sixers.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18