Sep 27, 2010, 5:09 PM EST
Elton Brand the Sixer did not look like Elton Brand the Clipper.
After the Achilles injury he looked slower — in part because of the injury and in part because he was heavier. New coach Doug Collins noticed that, and challenged Brand to get back to his official listed weight of 254.
“I feel the dividends from that now,” he said. “My legs feel great.”
The Sixers have a roster that should run — Andre Iguodala is a tremendous finisher in the open court, Jrue Holiday can run the break, getting Evan Turner some easy transition buckets would help his confidence, Andres Nocioni and Thaddeus Young can run.
Brand did to back in the day, the dangerous big trailing the initial break. If he can board and run this season, getting closer to his old form, it would be a big boost for the Sixers.
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 6
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5