Sep 27, 2010, 5:09 PM EDT
Elton Brand the Sixer did not look like Elton Brand the Clipper.
After the Achilles injury he looked slower — in part because of the injury and in part because he was heavier. New coach Doug Collins noticed that, and challenged Brand to get back to his official listed weight of 254.
“I feel the dividends from that now,” he said. “My legs feel great.”
The Sixers have a roster that should run — Andre Iguodala is a tremendous finisher in the open court, Jrue Holiday can run the break, getting Evan Turner some easy transition buckets would help his confidence, Andres Nocioni and Thaddeus Young can run.
Brand did to back in the day, the dangerous big trailing the initial break. If he can board and run this season, getting closer to his old form, it would be a big boost for the Sixers.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 29
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 61
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 32
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 75