Sep 27, 2010, 5:54 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:54 PM: It took three days into camp for the Knicks to say Curry would be out four-to-six weeks with injured hamstrings. He will not be joining the team in Europe for preseason games. A whole continent is depressed.
What is the under/over for games Curry plays in this season? Three?
11:14 am: Eddy Curry sat out Monday’s Knicks practice with tight hamstrings. And the beat goes on.
9:00 am: You’d say Eddy Curry was disappointing, but to disappoint there would have to be expectations.
Shockingly Curry has not lived up to what limited expectations there might have been, according to Alan Hahn from Newsday. That starts with him showing up weighing well over 300 pounds, a sign he was not doing a lot of conditioning this summer.
Perhaps that explains why he dragged himself through a conditioning drill at the end of Saturday night’s practice and then stepped out of a conditioning drill at the end of Sunday’s practice…
Curry apparently had some tightness in his hamstrings, which means for the third straight year he couldn’t finish two straight days of training camp…
“It’s not going to make me raise my eyebrows,” Mike D’Antoni said, “because he hasn’t played in three years.
This is a new, rebuilt Knicks team that is about optimism, about changing the face of the franchise. Curry is the final anchor to the past. Curry will make $11.3 million this season. It wouldn’t be a shock to see him traded mid-season, as an expiring contract. But Curry needs to save that money because this will be his last big deal (or likely any deal ever).
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11