Sep 27, 2010, 5:18 PM EDT
At some point, LeBron/Durant debates are going to become inevitable, but one man thinks it’s a bit early to start comparing LeBron and Durant in earnest — Kevin Durant.
At Thunder media day, Durant was succinct when asked about James, saying “I don’t think I’m on LeBron’s level. I’m working to get there, but I’m not there yet.” (Hat tip to Royce Young of Daily Thunder for the quotes.)
The characteristically humble and understated Durant also had some kind things to say about the controversial Heat forward off the court, saying that “LeBron is a great player, but one thing people don’t realize is that he might be a better person.”
James averaged 29.7 points, 7.3 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game last season. Durant averaged 30.1 points per game, 7.6 rebounds per game, and 2.8 assists per game.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld