Sep 27, 2010, 5:18 PM EDT
At some point, LeBron/Durant debates are going to become inevitable, but one man thinks it’s a bit early to start comparing LeBron and Durant in earnest — Kevin Durant.
At Thunder media day, Durant was succinct when asked about James, saying “I don’t think I’m on LeBron’s level. I’m working to get there, but I’m not there yet.” (Hat tip to Royce Young of Daily Thunder for the quotes.)
The characteristically humble and understated Durant also had some kind things to say about the controversial Heat forward off the court, saying that “LeBron is a great player, but one thing people don’t realize is that he might be a better person.”
James averaged 29.7 points, 7.3 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game last season. Durant averaged 30.1 points per game, 7.6 rebounds per game, and 2.8 assists per game.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld