Sep 27, 2010, 5:18 PM EDT
At some point, LeBron/Durant debates are going to become inevitable, but one man thinks it’s a bit early to start comparing LeBron and Durant in earnest — Kevin Durant.
At Thunder media day, Durant was succinct when asked about James, saying “I don’t think I’m on LeBron’s level. I’m working to get there, but I’m not there yet.” (Hat tip to Royce Young of Daily Thunder for the quotes.)
The characteristically humble and understated Durant also had some kind things to say about the controversial Heat forward off the court, saying that “LeBron is a great player, but one thing people don’t realize is that he might be a better person.”
James averaged 29.7 points, 7.3 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game last season. Durant averaged 30.1 points per game, 7.6 rebounds per game, and 2.8 assists per game.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld