Sep 27, 2010, 9:16 PM EST
New Nets coach Avery Johnson has pumped up Devin Harris at every turn. He is mentioned in every discussion of the young core. Johnson talked about getting Harris back to slashing into the lane, scoring more, being a focal point of the offense.
And then Harris shows up in trade rumors, with him headed to Charlotte as part of the four-team Carmelo Anthony deal.
Whatever happens with that twisting-in-the-wind deal, Harris is pretty ticked according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo.
Even if a deal for Anthony never materializes, New Jersey coach Avery Johnson has serious repairs to make with Nets point guard Devin Harris, a league source told Yahoo Sports on Monday.
Harris had been a huge advocate for Johnson with former Nets officials by endorsing the hiring of Johnson over the summer, and a source says Harris is feeling “a little put off” that the coach is so quickly looking to send him out of New Jersey as part of a trade for Anthony.
Note to Harris: The best revenge is success. Then you have leverage, when you are needed and wanted. After last season your stock fell a little, get it back up and you can push back a little on management.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 1
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 9
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30