Sep 27, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
New Nets coach Avery Johnson has pumped up Devin Harris at every turn. He is mentioned in every discussion of the young core. Johnson talked about getting Harris back to slashing into the lane, scoring more, being a focal point of the offense.
And then Harris shows up in trade rumors, with him headed to Charlotte as part of the four-team Carmelo Anthony deal.
Whatever happens with that twisting-in-the-wind deal, Harris is pretty ticked according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo.
Even if a deal for Anthony never materializes, New Jersey coach Avery Johnson has serious repairs to make with Nets point guard Devin Harris, a league source told Yahoo Sports on Monday.
Harris had been a huge advocate for Johnson with former Nets officials by endorsing the hiring of Johnson over the summer, and a source says Harris is feeling “a little put off” that the coach is so quickly looking to send him out of New Jersey as part of a trade for Anthony.
Note to Harris: The best revenge is success. Then you have leverage, when you are needed and wanted. After last season your stock fell a little, get it back up and you can push back a little on management.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49