Sep 27, 2010, 9:16 PM EST
New Nets coach Avery Johnson has pumped up Devin Harris at every turn. He is mentioned in every discussion of the young core. Johnson talked about getting Harris back to slashing into the lane, scoring more, being a focal point of the offense.
And then Harris shows up in trade rumors, with him headed to Charlotte as part of the four-team Carmelo Anthony deal.
Whatever happens with that twisting-in-the-wind deal, Harris is pretty ticked according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo.
Even if a deal for Anthony never materializes, New Jersey coach Avery Johnson has serious repairs to make with Nets point guard Devin Harris, a league source told Yahoo Sports on Monday.
Harris had been a huge advocate for Johnson with former Nets officials by endorsing the hiring of Johnson over the summer, and a source says Harris is feeling “a little put off” that the coach is so quickly looking to send him out of New Jersey as part of a trade for Anthony.
Note to Harris: The best revenge is success. Then you have leverage, when you are needed and wanted. After last season your stock fell a little, get it back up and you can push back a little on management.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 4
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 11
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)