Sep 27, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
New Nets coach Avery Johnson has pumped up Devin Harris at every turn. He is mentioned in every discussion of the young core. Johnson talked about getting Harris back to slashing into the lane, scoring more, being a focal point of the offense.
And then Harris shows up in trade rumors, with him headed to Charlotte as part of the four-team Carmelo Anthony deal.
Whatever happens with that twisting-in-the-wind deal, Harris is pretty ticked according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo.
Even if a deal for Anthony never materializes, New Jersey coach Avery Johnson has serious repairs to make with Nets point guard Devin Harris, a league source told Yahoo Sports on Monday.
Harris had been a huge advocate for Johnson with former Nets officials by endorsing the hiring of Johnson over the summer, and a source says Harris is feeling “a little put off” that the coach is so quickly looking to send him out of New Jersey as part of a trade for Anthony.
Note to Harris: The best revenge is success. Then you have leverage, when you are needed and wanted. After last season your stock fell a little, get it back up and you can push back a little on management.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 21
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64