Sep 26, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
It’s no fun when the talk of training camp is who is not there, not who is.
But that’s where it stands for the Nets, who have made their play for Carmelo Anthony right at the start of training camp. That is the talk, whether Anthony will sign an extension to come to the Nets or whether a complex four-team deal falls apart.
Players need to try and ignore that. So far, Brook Lopez is doing a good job of that according to John Schuhmann of NBA.com.
“I, for one, have no idea what’s going on,” Lopez said.
Joe Smith said the team is doing its best.
“These guys are being professional about it,” Smith said of his new team. “There hasn’t been too much talk in our locker room.”
It’s probably hardest on No. 3 pick Derrick Favors, who goes from being the highly-touted draft pick to trade fodder. Welcome to the NBA, it’s a business and it can be hard.
Nothing you can do but go out on the court and get ready for the season. The chips will fall where they fall. Lopez seems to have the hang of it.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 9
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 13
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20