Sep 26, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
If the four-team blockbuster with the Nets falls through, if the Nuggets are not going to accept a deal from the Knicks, if the Bulls are not throwing Joakim Noah in the deal, what is Carmelo Anthony going to do?
How about the Minnesota Timberwolves?
The New Jersey Nets aren’t the only team interested in trading for disenchanted Denver Nuggets all-star forward Carmelo Anthony. The Timberwolves — don’t laugh — have serious interest in Anthony and have managed their salary cap to be able to afford him if he’s still available at trade time in February.
Remember, Timberwolves GM David Kahn said the rebuilding job in Minnesota was nearly complete, they just needed a star. Carmelo Anthony is a star. The Timberwolves have young players (can we interest you in a point guard currently in Spain?) and draft picks to trade, so… match made in heaven. Right?
I mean what could go wrong? Melo wants a big market contender, and the Timberwolves perfectly fit that bill,
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28