Sep 26, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
If the four-team blockbuster with the Nets falls through, if the Nuggets are not going to accept a deal from the Knicks, if the Bulls are not throwing Joakim Noah in the deal, what is Carmelo Anthony going to do?
How about the Minnesota Timberwolves?
The New Jersey Nets aren’t the only team interested in trading for disenchanted Denver Nuggets all-star forward Carmelo Anthony. The Timberwolves — don’t laugh — have serious interest in Anthony and have managed their salary cap to be able to afford him if he’s still available at trade time in February.
Remember, Timberwolves GM David Kahn said the rebuilding job in Minnesota was nearly complete, they just needed a star. Carmelo Anthony is a star. The Timberwolves have young players (can we interest you in a point guard currently in Spain?) and draft picks to trade, so… match made in heaven. Right?
I mean what could go wrong? Melo wants a big market contender, and the Timberwolves perfectly fit that bill,
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 10
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 66
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5