Sep 26, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
If the four-team blockbuster with the Nets falls through, if the Nuggets are not going to accept a deal from the Knicks, if the Bulls are not throwing Joakim Noah in the deal, what is Carmelo Anthony going to do?
How about the Minnesota Timberwolves?
The New Jersey Nets aren’t the only team interested in trading for disenchanted Denver Nuggets all-star forward Carmelo Anthony. The Timberwolves — don’t laugh — have serious interest in Anthony and have managed their salary cap to be able to afford him if he’s still available at trade time in February.
Remember, Timberwolves GM David Kahn said the rebuilding job in Minnesota was nearly complete, they just needed a star. Carmelo Anthony is a star. The Timberwolves have young players (can we interest you in a point guard currently in Spain?) and draft picks to trade, so… match made in heaven. Right?
I mean what could go wrong? Melo wants a big market contender, and the Timberwolves perfectly fit that bill,
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 11
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 6
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 32
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2