Sep 26, 2010, 5:57 PM EST
If the four-team blockbuster with the Nets falls through, if the Nuggets are not going to accept a deal from the Knicks, if the Bulls are not throwing Joakim Noah in the deal, what is Carmelo Anthony going to do?
How about the Minnesota Timberwolves?
The New Jersey Nets aren’t the only team interested in trading for disenchanted Denver Nuggets all-star forward Carmelo Anthony. The Timberwolves — don’t laugh — have serious interest in Anthony and have managed their salary cap to be able to afford him if he’s still available at trade time in February.
Remember, Timberwolves GM David Kahn said the rebuilding job in Minnesota was nearly complete, they just needed a star. Carmelo Anthony is a star. The Timberwolves have young players (can we interest you in a point guard currently in Spain?) and draft picks to trade, so… match made in heaven. Right?
I mean what could go wrong? Melo wants a big market contender, and the Timberwolves perfectly fit that bill,
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20