Sep 26, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
If the four-team blockbuster with the Nets falls through, if the Nuggets are not going to accept a deal from the Knicks, if the Bulls are not throwing Joakim Noah in the deal, what is Carmelo Anthony going to do?
How about the Minnesota Timberwolves?
The New Jersey Nets aren’t the only team interested in trading for disenchanted Denver Nuggets all-star forward Carmelo Anthony. The Timberwolves — don’t laugh — have serious interest in Anthony and have managed their salary cap to be able to afford him if he’s still available at trade time in February.
Remember, Timberwolves GM David Kahn said the rebuilding job in Minnesota was nearly complete, they just needed a star. Carmelo Anthony is a star. The Timberwolves have young players (can we interest you in a point guard currently in Spain?) and draft picks to trade, so… match made in heaven. Right?
I mean what could go wrong? Melo wants a big market contender, and the Timberwolves perfectly fit that bill,
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32