Sep 25, 2010, 8:36 PM EDT
It’s alright NBA heads. If a report from Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger is correct, it’s safe to stop checking your sports tickers obsessively for the next day or so. According to Orr’s unspecified source (…sigh), the four-team deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to the Nets is at least another day or so away from completion.
There are all kinds of conflicting reports concerning the status of this deal. Orr sets a different timetable than other reporters and their sources, but most reports seem to agree on the source of the hold-up:
The main caveat continues to be Carmelo Anthony, who the person said is
more than likely the reason why the deal has yet to be finalized. Other
reports surfaced saying that the delay in negotiations had come from
other teams and players involved.
It’s not an authoritative report by any means, but it’s another one to stick under your pillow as the Carmelo saga unfolds.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27