Sep 25, 2010, 8:36 PM EDT
It’s alright NBA heads. If a report from Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger is correct, it’s safe to stop checking your sports tickers obsessively for the next day or so. According to Orr’s unspecified source (…sigh), the four-team deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to the Nets is at least another day or so away from completion.
There are all kinds of conflicting reports concerning the status of this deal. Orr sets a different timetable than other reporters and their sources, but most reports seem to agree on the source of the hold-up:
The main caveat continues to be Carmelo Anthony, who the person said is
more than likely the reason why the deal has yet to be finalized. Other
reports surfaced saying that the delay in negotiations had come from
other teams and players involved.
It’s not an authoritative report by any means, but it’s another one to stick under your pillow as the Carmelo saga unfolds.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7