Sep 25, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
Looks like Kwame Brown won’t be helping out the Bobcats during training camp. (Insert your own joke here.)
Brown suffered a severely sprained ankle in pickup game Friday at the Bobcats training facility. He will be out four to six weeks, according to the Associated Press, which will keep him out most of training camp.
Brown was part of a trio at center for the Bobcats along with Nazr Mohammed and Boris Diaw. However, if a four-team trade involving Carmelo Anthony does go forward Diaw would be moved to Utah, meaning the Bobcats would lean more heavily on Brown.
Brown, the former No. 1 overall pick by the Wizards, signed a one-year, $1.3 million deal with the Bobcats. It brings him back to a Michael Jordan team — he was with the Wizards and picked Brown, and now he owns the Bobcats.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8