Sep 25, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Looks like Kwame Brown won’t be helping out the Bobcats during training camp. (Insert your own joke here.)
Brown suffered a severely sprained ankle in pickup game Friday at the Bobcats training facility. He will be out four to six weeks, according to the Associated Press, which will keep him out most of training camp.
Brown was part of a trio at center for the Bobcats along with Nazr Mohammed and Boris Diaw. However, if a four-team trade involving Carmelo Anthony does go forward Diaw would be moved to Utah, meaning the Bobcats would lean more heavily on Brown.
Brown, the former No. 1 overall pick by the Wizards, signed a one-year, $1.3 million deal with the Bobcats. It brings him back to a Michael Jordan team — he was with the Wizards and picked Brown, and now he owns the Bobcats.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 1
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 41
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59