Sep 25, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Looks like Kwame Brown won’t be helping out the Bobcats during training camp. (Insert your own joke here.)
Brown suffered a severely sprained ankle in pickup game Friday at the Bobcats training facility. He will be out four to six weeks, according to the Associated Press, which will keep him out most of training camp.
Brown was part of a trio at center for the Bobcats along with Nazr Mohammed and Boris Diaw. However, if a four-team trade involving Carmelo Anthony does go forward Diaw would be moved to Utah, meaning the Bobcats would lean more heavily on Brown.
Brown, the former No. 1 overall pick by the Wizards, signed a one-year, $1.3 million deal with the Bobcats. It brings him back to a Michael Jordan team — he was with the Wizards and picked Brown, and now he owns the Bobcats.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 1
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11