Sep 25, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
Looks like Kwame Brown won’t be helping out the Bobcats during training camp. (Insert your own joke here.)
Brown suffered a severely sprained ankle in pickup game Friday at the Bobcats training facility. He will be out four to six weeks, according to the Associated Press, which will keep him out most of training camp.
Brown was part of a trio at center for the Bobcats along with Nazr Mohammed and Boris Diaw. However, if a four-team trade involving Carmelo Anthony does go forward Diaw would be moved to Utah, meaning the Bobcats would lean more heavily on Brown.
Brown, the former No. 1 overall pick by the Wizards, signed a one-year, $1.3 million deal with the Bobcats. It brings him back to a Michael Jordan team — he was with the Wizards and picked Brown, and now he owns the Bobcats.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 0
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 18
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42