Sep 25, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Looks like Kwame Brown won’t be helping out the Bobcats during training camp. (Insert your own joke here.)
Brown suffered a severely sprained ankle in pickup game Friday at the Bobcats training facility. He will be out four to six weeks, according to the Associated Press, which will keep him out most of training camp.
Brown was part of a trio at center for the Bobcats along with Nazr Mohammed and Boris Diaw. However, if a four-team trade involving Carmelo Anthony does go forward Diaw would be moved to Utah, meaning the Bobcats would lean more heavily on Brown.
Brown, the former No. 1 overall pick by the Wizards, signed a one-year, $1.3 million deal with the Bobcats. It brings him back to a Michael Jordan team — he was with the Wizards and picked Brown, and now he owns the Bobcats.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 10
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48