Sep 24, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
It has just not been Mo Williams best summer.
On top of all the drama around the Cavaliers comes this news: Williams injured his groin in workouts Friday and will be slowed for a couple of weeks, according to the Associated Press.
He’s already had an MRI and there is no tear, this is just a groin pull, according to the team. However, those can be lingering so the Cavs are going to give him a lot of rest the first few weeks of camp, until it heals.
Williams has just had a rough summer, tweeting Monday that this has been the worst time of his life due to family and team issues. He clearly was frustrated with how the LeBron James decision went down this summer.
Williams will have a much larger, more playmaking role on the Cavaliers this year. Once he gets healthy.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11