Sep 24, 2010, 11:24 AM EDT
Okay Mark, we get it.
Mark Cuban thinks people will hate the new Miami Heat, then will tune in to watch and root against them. And that at the end of the day that is good for the league because people are watching and involved.
“I actually like the way it went down. They are going to be a team only the locals can love. Which means there is going to be a lot of interest in not liking the Heat. Which is great for the league…
“As far as future teams doing the same thing, Donnie and Nellie taught me years ago that the worst GMs in the league are active players,” Cuban offered. “They aren’t very good at player evaluation and even worse at understanding how to put together a team.
“Maybe it will work for the Heat, maybe it won’t. But if this is a trend, it won’t be long before someone bets the Trifecta and loses big.
Cuban is right that current players are terrible at putting a team together. No worse than some GMs, we should add.
And we agree — there will be plenty of hate for the Heat out there. We’ve indexed it and everything.
But the drum beat of this is wearing on us. Time to move on. Camps are opening and it is time for the public to decide who they like and don’t, who they watch and don’t, and why. That includes the Heat.
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14