Sep 24, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Veterans will do anything to get out of training camp…
Okay, that is not what happened here, although it is the result. Brad Miller suffered a sprained ankle during workouts and will be out for a few weeks, missing the start of Rockets training camp, according to at tweet from Jason Friedman of Rockets.com.
It’s not a huge loss, Miller is a veteran who can fit in quickly enough upon his return. He should have gotten plenty of work in by the start of the season.
But it is a reminder that things in the Rockets front court — with Yao Ming backed up by the older Miller — is something to watch. And for Houston fans to be concerned about. The Rockets need both med to stay healthy for any real chance. You can see why they went after Erick Dampier, but that didn’t work out.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15