Sep 24, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
Veterans will do anything to get out of training camp…
Okay, that is not what happened here, although it is the result. Brad Miller suffered a sprained ankle during workouts and will be out for a few weeks, missing the start of Rockets training camp, according to at tweet from Jason Friedman of Rockets.com.
It’s not a huge loss, Miller is a veteran who can fit in quickly enough upon his return. He should have gotten plenty of work in by the start of the season.
But it is a reminder that things in the Rockets front court — with Yao Ming backed up by the older Miller — is something to watch. And for Houston fans to be concerned about. The Rockets need both med to stay healthy for any real chance. You can see why they went after Erick Dampier, but that didn’t work out.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3