Sep 24, 2010, 9:38 AM EST
Through all of the talk and controversy around Carmelo Anthony trying to force his way out of Denver, one thing has never really been in question — Melo can ball. He will make your team better (as long as you didn’t give up too much to get him).
But just to make sure you know, Amar’e Stoudemire told Neil Best of Newsday that Anthony would be a good fit with the Knicks.
“Me and Carmelo are great friends but I’m still not sure where he’s going to end up going. If he were here in New York that would be great, a great situation for us, a great opportunity for us.”
Now if Anthony could just come up with a first round draft pick and another young, talented player the Knicks could ship away everything would be peachy.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 8
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 17
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (51)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)