Sep 23, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT
Once training camps get rolling next week, there are going to be a lot of questions around the league — and not all of them are about the Heat. Although it will feel like that for a while.
NBC’s Ira Winderman put together a list of those top 10 training camp questions (outside of “What is the best place to eat in Fort Walton Beach?” which is the question much of the media is asking itself right now). Among them….
6. Can the Celtics hold it together?
Kendrick Perkins is coming back, not soon, but should be over his knee concerns by midseason.
How Doc Rivers holds it together before that will be intriguing.
Beyond Door No. 1 is Diva No. 1, Shaquille O’Neal.
Beyond Door No. 2 is Diva No. 2, Jermaine O’Neal.
Both have ambitions to be the fill-in until Perkins re-emerges, and then to slide into the primary backup role at center. Yet neither is the type to push through mundane training-camp drills or even inconsequential exhibition games.
Did Rivers really need this headache?
Camp will prove to be absorbing when it comes to whether the professionalism of Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce can rub off on the two oversized arrivals.
Other questions include “Are the Spurs dormant or done?” and “Are the Heat ready for boot camp?” Check out the entire post as just a little taste of what is to come.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 7
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 3
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23