Sep 23, 2010, 8:06 PM EDT
“You’ll have clarity on Monday,” Lacob told me several times.
According to Matt Steinmetz of Comcast Bay Area, Nelson officially will resign, although that is certainly just allowing him to gracefully exit what will almost certainly be his final NBA coaching job.
The 70-year old Nelson took the Warriors over in 2006. Under his leadership, the team made the playoffs for the first time in over a decade and beat the #1 seeded Dallas Mavericks, but they have not returned to the playoffs since. In recent seasons, Nelson’s rotations and behavior became extremely erratic, and his commitment to coaching the team was questioned at times.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43