Sep 23, 2010, 8:06 PM EDT
“You’ll have clarity on Monday,” Lacob told me several times.
According to Matt Steinmetz of Comcast Bay Area, Nelson officially will resign, although that is certainly just allowing him to gracefully exit what will almost certainly be his final NBA coaching job.
The 70-year old Nelson took the Warriors over in 2006. Under his leadership, the team made the playoffs for the first time in over a decade and beat the #1 seeded Dallas Mavericks, but they have not returned to the playoffs since. In recent seasons, Nelson’s rotations and behavior became extremely erratic, and his commitment to coaching the team was questioned at times.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 15
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80