Sep 23, 2010, 8:06 PM EDT
“You’ll have clarity on Monday,” Lacob told me several times.
According to Matt Steinmetz of Comcast Bay Area, Nelson officially will resign, although that is certainly just allowing him to gracefully exit what will almost certainly be his final NBA coaching job.
The 70-year old Nelson took the Warriors over in 2006. Under his leadership, the team made the playoffs for the first time in over a decade and beat the #1 seeded Dallas Mavericks, but they have not returned to the playoffs since. In recent seasons, Nelson’s rotations and behavior became extremely erratic, and his commitment to coaching the team was questioned at times.
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 21
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 17
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 22
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 3