Sep 23, 2010, 11:02 AM EDT
We have a trade!
New Orleans has traded Darius Songalia and Craig Brackins to Philly for Willie Green and Jason Smith, league source tells Y!
This is not a huge move for anybody, but it may say a few things.
Willie Green seems the guy to use as a backup point guard or two guard, behind Chris Paul and Marcus Thornton — he is not spectacular but he gave the Sixers a solid 21 minutes and 8.7 points per game last season. That’s not what Sixers fans will tell you, however. They were really, really down on him. In the way only Philly fans can be.
No Willie Green in Philly likely means more minutes for Evan Turner. They are banking on this guy.
Jason Smith will be entering his third hear in the league as a somewhat offensively limited big man (7’0″ off the bench). Not a bad buy for the Hornets to have around after their trades this summer.
What the Sixers get out of all this is less clear. Songalia gives the Sixers a journeyman forward they can bring off the bench and get some solid minutes from. He averaged 19 minutes and 7 points a game for the Hornets last season.
Sixers president Rod Thorn was high on Brackins, which is why he is now in Philly. Brackins has now been traded twice without ever setting foot in an official NBA practice, He was drafted No. 21 by the Thunder then traded on draft night to New Orleans as part of the Cole Aldrich deal.
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall (VIDEO) 3
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27