Sep 23, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
The Magic don’t really need another center right now — the Dwight Howard guy is working out pretty well — but they took a smart risk drafting that other guy out of Kentucky, Daniel Orton.
But it is going to be a while until we see if that risk pays off — Orton may need knee surgery. That is what Steve Kyler of Hoopsworld is hearing.
Magic rookie Daniel Orton could be facing an uphill climb, word is he is still having knee issues that could require surgery
That kid has had a string of bad injury luck.
Orlando, however, can afford to be patient. Obviously, they have Howard. But also on the roster is Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass and Malik Allen.
Orton is big and very athletic — that is a hard to come by combo. That’s the kind of guy deep, contending teams should take risks on because they can be patient. Hopefully if there is surgery it is the last of the string of health issues for Orton.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 38
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19