Sep 23, 2010, 12:05 PM EDT
Kobe is big all over the globe.
That includes China, where for the fourth year in a row he tops the league in jersey sales, according to the league.
Rounding out the top five are LeBron James, Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, and Derrick Rose. The next five are Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Deron Williams, Ray Allen and Kevin Durant.
This is the first time Yao Ming has not been in the top 10. He is coming off a season where he did not play due to his foot injury.
Kobe has a big presence in China, having made trips there in the summer for years now, promotional efforts with Nike. Kobe also has a separate charitable foundation he set up just to donate money to causes in China.
Plus, culturally, winning titles matters. It is what keeps Kobe ahead of LeBron in China. For now.
The NBA will be bringing its game to China for the first time this preseason, with Yao Ming and the Houston Rockets taking on the New Jersey Nets in Beijing on Oct. 13, then again at the Guangzhou International Sports Arena on Oct. 16.
- Cavaliers coach Blatt: Wiggins “not going anywhere” 0
- It’s official: Carmelo Anthony announces he will remain face of New York Knicks 19
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 68
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 47
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 59
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 50
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 22