Sep 23, 2010, 9:30 PM EST
Hey, Jrue. No pressure.
Talking with the media today, new Philadelphia 76ers coach Doug Collins spoke with more bombast than he ever did as a color analyst. Here are the tweets from our own Adam Levitan or Rotoworld who was there.
Doug Collins says he thinks jrue holiday will be a top-5 pg in nba a year from now. Said iguodala will play 2 and 3.
Collins doesn’t seem high on Evan Turner, also said wants iguodala to be less of a scorer — play role he played on national team
I love Jrue Holiday and his potential. Really do. And if you said he could be a top 15 guy, I’m good with that. He may be. Top five… no. He’s going to get the chance to lead this team and run more, which is all good. The Sixers need him to step forward. Still, top 15 a good goal.
Iggy as a more selective shooter will be a good thing — if others pick up the scoring load. That means Holiday and Andres Nocioni and Thaddeus Young and — dare we say it — Elton Brand. If not, you’re going to need those points from Iggy. Which he will get more efficiently if you run the ball.
And by the way, nobody who watched Evan Turner struggle though Summer League is high on him. But you got to play him, you got to find out. Baptism by fire. You’ve got to count on him for something, because missing out on the No. 2 pick in the draft is a big setback. Give Turner a chance; let’s see what he can do.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)