Sep 23, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Hey, Jrue. No pressure.
Talking with the media today, new Philadelphia 76ers coach Doug Collins spoke with more bombast than he ever did as a color analyst. Here are the tweets from our own Adam Levitan or Rotoworld who was there.
Doug Collins says he thinks jrue holiday will be a top-5 pg in nba a year from now. Said iguodala will play 2 and 3.
Collins doesn’t seem high on Evan Turner, also said wants iguodala to be less of a scorer — play role he played on national team
I love Jrue Holiday and his potential. Really do. And if you said he could be a top 15 guy, I’m good with that. He may be. Top five… no. He’s going to get the chance to lead this team and run more, which is all good. The Sixers need him to step forward. Still, top 15 a good goal.
Iggy as a more selective shooter will be a good thing — if others pick up the scoring load. That means Holiday and Andres Nocioni and Thaddeus Young and — dare we say it — Elton Brand. If not, you’re going to need those points from Iggy. Which he will get more efficiently if you run the ball.
And by the way, nobody who watched Evan Turner struggle though Summer League is high on him. But you got to play him, you got to find out. Baptism by fire. You’ve got to count on him for something, because missing out on the No. 2 pick in the draft is a big setback. Give Turner a chance; let’s see what he can do.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 26
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23