Sep 23, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
Celtics fans are going to have to wait a little longer to see what they got with draft pick Avery Bradley, as he will not be ready for the start of training camp.
Back in pre-draft workouts Bradley sprained his ankle, which never helps your stock. Boston took him anyway, seeing him as a long-term backup for Rajon Rondo.
Then a day after the draft the Celtics announced Bradley needed surgery on that ankle. Talking with the media Thursday Celtics GM Danny Ainge said that Bradley would be sidelined at the start of camp as he continues to recover from the surgery, as reported at ESPNBoston.com.
Ainge said Avery was day-to-day but that he would not be on the floor for a couple weeks.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 13
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 12
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16