Sep 23, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
Celtics fans are going to have to wait a little longer to see what they got with draft pick Avery Bradley, as he will not be ready for the start of training camp.
Back in pre-draft workouts Bradley sprained his ankle, which never helps your stock. Boston took him anyway, seeing him as a long-term backup for Rajon Rondo.
Then a day after the draft the Celtics announced Bradley needed surgery on that ankle. Talking with the media Thursday Celtics GM Danny Ainge said that Bradley would be sidelined at the start of camp as he continues to recover from the surgery, as reported at ESPNBoston.com.
Ainge said Avery was day-to-day but that he would not be on the floor for a couple weeks.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13