Sep 23, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
Celtics fans are going to have to wait a little longer to see what they got with draft pick Avery Bradley, as he will not be ready for the start of training camp.
Back in pre-draft workouts Bradley sprained his ankle, which never helps your stock. Boston took him anyway, seeing him as a long-term backup for Rajon Rondo.
Then a day after the draft the Celtics announced Bradley needed surgery on that ankle. Talking with the media Thursday Celtics GM Danny Ainge said that Bradley would be sidelined at the start of camp as he continues to recover from the surgery, as reported at ESPNBoston.com.
Ainge said Avery was day-to-day but that he would not be on the floor for a couple weeks.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22