Sep 23, 2010, 1:12 PM EST
Celtics fans are going to have to wait a little longer to see what they got with draft pick Avery Bradley, as he will not be ready for the start of training camp.
Back in pre-draft workouts Bradley sprained his ankle, which never helps your stock. Boston took him anyway, seeing him as a long-term backup for Rajon Rondo.
Then a day after the draft the Celtics announced Bradley needed surgery on that ankle. Talking with the media Thursday Celtics GM Danny Ainge said that Bradley would be sidelined at the start of camp as he continues to recover from the surgery, as reported at ESPNBoston.com.
Ainge said Avery was day-to-day but that he would not be on the floor for a couple weeks.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7