Sep 22, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
The Celtics have taken a close look at Rashad McCants this summer, but it turns out they are not alone.
All of those teams may have roster spots open, but none really have minutes to give out to a guard.
McCants has a couple things to prove if he is going to make it back in the league, even at the end of the bench. We know he can score, although he’d have to shoot a higher percentage to really get some run. But more than that he has to prove that he is not going to be a problem off the court. He also has to move the ball and not zone out on defense on the court.
McCants has skills, but this is a business to NBA teams and there are other scorers out there. They want guys they can believe in.
As of yet, no invite out of that group.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27