Sep 22, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
The Celtics have taken a close look at Rashad McCants this summer, but it turns out they are not alone.
All of those teams may have roster spots open, but none really have minutes to give out to a guard.
McCants has a couple things to prove if he is going to make it back in the league, even at the end of the bench. We know he can score, although he’d have to shoot a higher percentage to really get some run. But more than that he has to prove that he is not going to be a problem off the court. He also has to move the ball and not zone out on defense on the court.
McCants has skills, but this is a business to NBA teams and there are other scorers out there. They want guys they can believe in.
As of yet, no invite out of that group.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 40
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 39
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6