Sep 22, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
The Celtics have taken a close look at Rashad McCants this summer, but it turns out they are not alone.
All of those teams may have roster spots open, but none really have minutes to give out to a guard.
McCants has a couple things to prove if he is going to make it back in the league, even at the end of the bench. We know he can score, although he’d have to shoot a higher percentage to really get some run. But more than that he has to prove that he is not going to be a problem off the court. He also has to move the ball and not zone out on defense on the court.
McCants has skills, but this is a business to NBA teams and there are other scorers out there. They want guys they can believe in.
As of yet, no invite out of that group.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 46
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31