Sep 22, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
The Celtics have taken a close look at Rashad McCants this summer, but it turns out they are not alone.
All of those teams may have roster spots open, but none really have minutes to give out to a guard.
McCants has a couple things to prove if he is going to make it back in the league, even at the end of the bench. We know he can score, although he’d have to shoot a higher percentage to really get some run. But more than that he has to prove that he is not going to be a problem off the court. He also has to move the ball and not zone out on defense on the court.
McCants has skills, but this is a business to NBA teams and there are other scorers out there. They want guys they can believe in.
As of yet, no invite out of that group.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4