Sep 22, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
The Celtics have taken a close look at Rashad McCants this summer, but it turns out they are not alone.
All of those teams may have roster spots open, but none really have minutes to give out to a guard.
McCants has a couple things to prove if he is going to make it back in the league, even at the end of the bench. We know he can score, although he’d have to shoot a higher percentage to really get some run. But more than that he has to prove that he is not going to be a problem off the court. He also has to move the ball and not zone out on defense on the court.
McCants has skills, but this is a business to NBA teams and there are other scorers out there. They want guys they can believe in.
As of yet, no invite out of that group.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 23
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2