Sep 22, 2010, 11:14 AM EDT
Javaris Crittenton wants to go to back to being the point guard with so much promise. He wants to move beyond being the other guy in the Gilbert Arenas gun debacle.
The Charlotte Bobcats are giving him a chance — he has been given an invite to their training camp, according to the Washington Post.
That he got a chance is big. Everyone remembers that Crittenton was suspended because of the gun charge. What everyone forgets is that he was going to miss the season (or most of it) with a severe ankle injury anyway.
Now he has to prove that he is really back. Crittenton has some skills, he is very quick (he needs to show he still has that) with pretty good handles. He can get to the rim and finish. He needs to prove his game has matured, that he no longer is a turnover machine, that he can knock down a jumper.
The Bobcats could use another point guard. Crittenton needs to prove on the court and to Larry Brown that he can be that guy.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 18
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29