Carmelo Anthony on the rumors: "i just want to play ball"

Sep 22, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT

Thumbnail image for CAnthony_stares.jpgWhatever is swirling through the media, through back channels and into NBA front offices, Carmelo Anthony is going to come out at Nuggets camp and say all the right things.

He’s got that down. He’ll do it to microphones next week, but he went to twitter and made these comments Wednesday night:

Everyone has there own opinion. Its funny. It cracks me up.

When I know something< you guys will know something. #pointblankperiod

@DMVisRNB i just want to play ball> f*$k all that other SH*%. feel me.

We all do have opinions. But at the end of it, it is Melo’s name on the contract, his game out on the court. He gets the final say. One way or another.

But for now, expect all he will say to be a lot like this, just in different words.

1. Chris - Sep 22, 2010 at 1:28 PM

People are crazy if they think Billups is better than Rose. Did anybody watch the World Championships? Who was the starting PG for that GOLD MEDAL winning team? Who led that team in assists? It wasn’t Billups. It was Rose. If that’s not enough for you, go look up Rose’s playoff stats the last two seasons. He has no problem passing the ball.

2. WTF U THINKING CHRIS? - Sep 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Hey Chris; you also forgot that Billups was the worlds SENIOR captain. Billups has EXPERIENCE over Rose. Billups and Rose at this point are as equal as they ever will be. Give it 2 years and Rose MIGHT BE up to par with Derron Williams and then better than Billups, but I guarantee you Williams will always be a better point than Rose.

3. chris is an idiot - Sep 22, 2010 at 7:43 PM

This article has nothing to do with Billups or Rose. Besides, it’s not like any of this matters, we all know LA is going to 3-peat!

4. HENRY CESAR JUAREZ - Sep 22, 2010 at 8:57 PM

WELL THATS TRUE ABOUT CARMELO ANTHONY BUT I THINK HE SHOULD GO TO THE CHICAGO BULLS ITS A GUD TEAM ND A PERFECT FIT FOR ANTHONY CARMELO PLUS THE WINDY CITY IS A GREAT CITY ALSO CARMELO ANTHONY WILL HAVE FUN AT CHICAGO I RECOMMEND U ANTHONY CARMELO ND THAT DEPENDS ON U ANTHONY CARMELO ANYWAYS I JUST WANT TO SAY GO BULLS ALL THE WAY #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WISH ALL THE BULLS GUD LUCK ND I WILL PRAY FOR THE WHOLE CHICAGO TEAMS TO WIN US A VICTORY AMEN YEA……………

5. Drew - Sep 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I agree with you that Rose is the better player, but comparing their international statistics doesn’t mean a whole lot. It’s a different kind of game. Rose may become one of the greatest PGs of all-time by the time he’s done.

6. byemello - Sep 24, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Melo wants out of the west… He is afraid of being compared to Durrant. He wants to run to the Nicks, lets not forget that a few years ago he throwing sucker punches out there. How about Obama urging Melo to play for the Bulls and then Melo… being getting a big head… How about Melo predicting to score 40 points to honer Obama and then having an off night. Melo is chump.
    I’d trade him for a bag of chips!

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches