Sep 22, 2010, 4:49 PM EST
Teams are busy rounding out their rosters for training camps and a couple familiar names are popping up.
Jarron Collins, half of the offensively challenged Collins twins, will be headed to Clippers, his agent told Hoopshype. Not sure there is much to this, they have Chris Kaman and DeAndre Jordan at the five already, not sure they really want Collins as an end of the bench guy. If the Clippers are going to carry a third center, they should get a prospect out of the D-League that could develop.
Three-point specialist Steve Novak will be in the Mavericks camp, as he has gotten an invite. Every team could use a pure shooter who could come in off the bench and light it up from three, which is what Novak did for the Clippers two seasons ago. Last season he shot 31 percent from three. He shoots like that again and he will be done quickly.
Kirk Penney played well enough for New Zealand during the recent World Championships in Turkey that he got an invite to Spurs training camp. Penney had a couple cups of coffee in the NBA five years ago. He will not make the Spurs but maybe he can impress some scouts and get a chance somewhere out of this.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 5
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 11