Sep 22, 2010, 4:49 PM EDT
Teams are busy rounding out their rosters for training camps and a couple familiar names are popping up.
Jarron Collins, half of the offensively challenged Collins twins, will be headed to Clippers, his agent told Hoopshype. Not sure there is much to this, they have Chris Kaman and DeAndre Jordan at the five already, not sure they really want Collins as an end of the bench guy. If the Clippers are going to carry a third center, they should get a prospect out of the D-League that could develop.
Three-point specialist Steve Novak will be in the Mavericks camp, as he has gotten an invite. Every team could use a pure shooter who could come in off the bench and light it up from three, which is what Novak did for the Clippers two seasons ago. Last season he shot 31 percent from three. He shoots like that again and he will be done quickly.
Kirk Penney played well enough for New Zealand during the recent World Championships in Turkey that he got an invite to Spurs training camp. Penney had a couple cups of coffee in the NBA five years ago. He will not make the Spurs but maybe he can impress some scouts and get a chance somewhere out of this.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 0
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 6
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 14
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 23
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26