Sep 22, 2010, 4:49 PM EDT
Teams are busy rounding out their rosters for training camps and a couple familiar names are popping up.
Jarron Collins, half of the offensively challenged Collins twins, will be headed to Clippers, his agent told Hoopshype. Not sure there is much to this, they have Chris Kaman and DeAndre Jordan at the five already, not sure they really want Collins as an end of the bench guy. If the Clippers are going to carry a third center, they should get a prospect out of the D-League that could develop.
Three-point specialist Steve Novak will be in the Mavericks camp, as he has gotten an invite. Every team could use a pure shooter who could come in off the bench and light it up from three, which is what Novak did for the Clippers two seasons ago. Last season he shot 31 percent from three. He shoots like that again and he will be done quickly.
Kirk Penney played well enough for New Zealand during the recent World Championships in Turkey that he got an invite to Spurs training camp. Penney had a couple cups of coffee in the NBA five years ago. He will not make the Spurs but maybe he can impress some scouts and get a chance somewhere out of this.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18