Sep 21, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s a new season, a new era of optimism for Knicks fans (unless that optimism included getting Carmelo Anthony, but work with us here). Things are different, everyone is already at the Knicks training facility putting in work.
I heard yesterday that Curry was still nowhere to be found at the training center, where the rest of the team was already assembled and working out together. This is the latest Curry has been to arrive before camp; even last season he was in a week before camp opened, though he hardly did much work on the court (and then came up lame on the first day of practice).
From what I’ve been told, Curry has been working out on his own and maintaining the sub-300 pound weight he had last season. But for someone who desperately needs a big year and desperately needs to impress upon the coaching staff (and his very skeptical teammates) a desire to play a major role, he’s hardly giving off a positive vibe in his absence.
Timofey Mozgov lives in Russia, played in the World Championships in Turkey this summer, and still beat Curry to camp. Nice.
It’s pretty simple with Curry — show us. We are all Missouri. Words are useless. Prove to us you deserve minutes or a contract anywhere next season with actions or we are done here.
So far… not good.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 23
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30