Sep 21, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s a new season, a new era of optimism for Knicks fans (unless that optimism included getting Carmelo Anthony, but work with us here). Things are different, everyone is already at the Knicks training facility putting in work.
I heard yesterday that Curry was still nowhere to be found at the training center, where the rest of the team was already assembled and working out together. This is the latest Curry has been to arrive before camp; even last season he was in a week before camp opened, though he hardly did much work on the court (and then came up lame on the first day of practice).
From what I’ve been told, Curry has been working out on his own and maintaining the sub-300 pound weight he had last season. But for someone who desperately needs a big year and desperately needs to impress upon the coaching staff (and his very skeptical teammates) a desire to play a major role, he’s hardly giving off a positive vibe in his absence.
Timofey Mozgov lives in Russia, played in the World Championships in Turkey this summer, and still beat Curry to camp. Nice.
It’s pretty simple with Curry — show us. We are all Missouri. Words are useless. Prove to us you deserve minutes or a contract anywhere next season with actions or we are done here.
So far… not good.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4