Sep 21, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s a new season, a new era of optimism for Knicks fans (unless that optimism included getting Carmelo Anthony, but work with us here). Things are different, everyone is already at the Knicks training facility putting in work.
I heard yesterday that Curry was still nowhere to be found at the training center, where the rest of the team was already assembled and working out together. This is the latest Curry has been to arrive before camp; even last season he was in a week before camp opened, though he hardly did much work on the court (and then came up lame on the first day of practice).
From what I’ve been told, Curry has been working out on his own and maintaining the sub-300 pound weight he had last season. But for someone who desperately needs a big year and desperately needs to impress upon the coaching staff (and his very skeptical teammates) a desire to play a major role, he’s hardly giving off a positive vibe in his absence.
Timofey Mozgov lives in Russia, played in the World Championships in Turkey this summer, and still beat Curry to camp. Nice.
It’s pretty simple with Curry — show us. We are all Missouri. Words are useless. Prove to us you deserve minutes or a contract anywhere next season with actions or we are done here.
So far… not good.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 16
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 20
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48