Sep 21, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
It’s a new season, a new era of optimism for Knicks fans (unless that optimism included getting Carmelo Anthony, but work with us here). Things are different, everyone is already at the Knicks training facility putting in work.
I heard yesterday that Curry was still nowhere to be found at the training center, where the rest of the team was already assembled and working out together. This is the latest Curry has been to arrive before camp; even last season he was in a week before camp opened, though he hardly did much work on the court (and then came up lame on the first day of practice).
From what I’ve been told, Curry has been working out on his own and maintaining the sub-300 pound weight he had last season. But for someone who desperately needs a big year and desperately needs to impress upon the coaching staff (and his very skeptical teammates) a desire to play a major role, he’s hardly giving off a positive vibe in his absence.
Timofey Mozgov lives in Russia, played in the World Championships in Turkey this summer, and still beat Curry to camp. Nice.
It’s pretty simple with Curry — show us. We are all Missouri. Words are useless. Prove to us you deserve minutes or a contract anywhere next season with actions or we are done here.
So far… not good.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13