Sep 21, 2010, 9:32 AM EDT
“Maybe we can swap, the Chargers for the Clippers. No disrespect to the Clippers. You can have them back. I don’t mean that in a disrespectful way. I really like the Clippers, but I feel they deserve their own fan base because in L.A. they’re overshadowed. The Clippers deserve a shot at having their own identity.”
–Ron Artest at a media event in San Diego to promote the Lakers preseason game in the city (via Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register). The Clippers came from San Diego to Los Angeles a few years after Donald Sterling bought the team in 1981. They have been to the playoffs four times in the Sterling era.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 4
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 7
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 15
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4