Sep 21, 2010, 9:32 AM EDT
“Maybe we can swap, the Chargers for the Clippers. No disrespect to the Clippers. You can have them back. I don’t mean that in a disrespectful way. I really like the Clippers, but I feel they deserve their own fan base because in L.A. they’re overshadowed. The Clippers deserve a shot at having their own identity.”
–Ron Artest at a media event in San Diego to promote the Lakers preseason game in the city (via Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register). The Clippers came from San Diego to Los Angeles a few years after Donald Sterling bought the team in 1981. They have been to the playoffs four times in the Sterling era.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 8
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12