Sep 21, 2010, 7:59 PM EST
Oklahoma City had more than just Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook in Turkey for the World Championships, there was also Nenad Krstic from Serbia.
It was Serbia that sent Spain packing, lost in dramatic fashion to Turkey in the semi-finals and finished fourth after losing the bronze medal game to Lithuania.
In that final game, Krstic fractured the index finger on his shooting hand, and Monday he had surgery to repair it, according to a tweet from Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman. He will miss training camp but should be ready to go for the regular season.
Not ideal, but Krstic is not a guy the Thunder count on to score a lot. If he can rebound, defend and play some solid minutes off the bench, all will be good.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9