Sep 21, 2010, 7:59 PM EDT
Oklahoma City had more than just Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook in Turkey for the World Championships, there was also Nenad Krstic from Serbia.
It was Serbia that sent Spain packing, lost in dramatic fashion to Turkey in the semi-finals and finished fourth after losing the bronze medal game to Lithuania.
In that final game, Krstic fractured the index finger on his shooting hand, and Monday he had surgery to repair it, according to a tweet from Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman. He will miss training camp but should be ready to go for the regular season.
Not ideal, but Krstic is not a guy the Thunder count on to score a lot. If he can rebound, defend and play some solid minutes off the bench, all will be good.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10