Sep 21, 2010, 7:41 PM EST
New Orleans still needs a backup point guard, having traded away Darren Collison this summer. The pickings are a bit slim this time of year.
Jannero Pargo — one of CP3’s good friends — is still out there and could land a spot, according to Jason Reid of the Times-Picayune.
“Pargo is a guy that we are looking at,” [Hornets general manager Del] Demps said. “Pargo came to town to visit Chris. He had some workouts here and Pargo came as Chris’ guest. Chris talked to us. Pargo talked to us. We’re trying to figure what we are going to do with the backup point guard position and we’re still in the decision-making process.”
Pargo was close to a deal with the Warriors back in July, but Golden State’s ownership changed brought the proceedings to a grinding halt. Pargo never signed there.
Pargo is quick and brings some energy, and has been a reasonable backup for a few years. Fans will give you names of guys who can shoot better, but when playing well he can give you a decent 15 minutes a night while your star catches his breath. Pargo’s three point shooting fell well off last year in Chicago (27 percent), but if he can bring that back up to par he’s much more useful.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18