Sep 21, 2010, 7:41 PM EDT
New Orleans still needs a backup point guard, having traded away Darren Collison this summer. The pickings are a bit slim this time of year.
Jannero Pargo — one of CP3′s good friends — is still out there and could land a spot, according to Jason Reid of the Times-Picayune.
“Pargo is a guy that we are looking at,” [Hornets general manager Del] Demps said. “Pargo came to town to visit Chris. He had some workouts here and Pargo came as Chris’ guest. Chris talked to us. Pargo talked to us. We’re trying to figure what we are going to do with the backup point guard position and we’re still in the decision-making process.”
Pargo was close to a deal with the Warriors back in July, but Golden State’s ownership changed brought the proceedings to a grinding halt. Pargo never signed there.
Pargo is quick and brings some energy, and has been a reasonable backup for a few years. Fans will give you names of guys who can shoot better, but when playing well he can give you a decent 15 minutes a night while your star catches his breath. Pargo’s three point shooting fell well off last year in Chicago (27 percent), but if he can bring that back up to par he’s much more useful.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 40
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 11
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 29
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33