Sep 21, 2010, 7:41 PM EST
New Orleans still needs a backup point guard, having traded away Darren Collison this summer. The pickings are a bit slim this time of year.
Jannero Pargo — one of CP3’s good friends — is still out there and could land a spot, according to Jason Reid of the Times-Picayune.
“Pargo is a guy that we are looking at,” [Hornets general manager Del] Demps said. “Pargo came to town to visit Chris. He had some workouts here and Pargo came as Chris’ guest. Chris talked to us. Pargo talked to us. We’re trying to figure what we are going to do with the backup point guard position and we’re still in the decision-making process.”
Pargo was close to a deal with the Warriors back in July, but Golden State’s ownership changed brought the proceedings to a grinding halt. Pargo never signed there.
Pargo is quick and brings some energy, and has been a reasonable backup for a few years. Fans will give you names of guys who can shoot better, but when playing well he can give you a decent 15 minutes a night while your star catches his breath. Pargo’s three point shooting fell well off last year in Chicago (27 percent), but if he can bring that back up to par he’s much more useful.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 16
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8