Sep 21, 2010, 7:41 PM EST
New Orleans still needs a backup point guard, having traded away Darren Collison this summer. The pickings are a bit slim this time of year.
Jannero Pargo — one of CP3’s good friends — is still out there and could land a spot, according to Jason Reid of the Times-Picayune.
“Pargo is a guy that we are looking at,” [Hornets general manager Del] Demps said. “Pargo came to town to visit Chris. He had some workouts here and Pargo came as Chris’ guest. Chris talked to us. Pargo talked to us. We’re trying to figure what we are going to do with the backup point guard position and we’re still in the decision-making process.”
Pargo was close to a deal with the Warriors back in July, but Golden State’s ownership changed brought the proceedings to a grinding halt. Pargo never signed there.
Pargo is quick and brings some energy, and has been a reasonable backup for a few years. Fans will give you names of guys who can shoot better, but when playing well he can give you a decent 15 minutes a night while your star catches his breath. Pargo’s three point shooting fell well off last year in Chicago (27 percent), but if he can bring that back up to par he’s much more useful.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 0
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15