Sep 21, 2010, 9:58 AM EDT
Either the Rockets or the Heat are about to get a nice boost to their title hopes. That or the Hawks or Nuggets will get a nice boost to their front lines.
Erick Dampier worked out for the Houston Rockets Monday and met with coach Rick Adelman, according to the Houston Chronicle.
Dampier will do the same things with the Miami Heat.
The Rockets and Heat seem to make the most sense.
In Miami he likely would be the starting center on a team that just needs some consistent play in the middle to remove one of the few questions about it and its title chances. While Damps is not a dominant center, he is solid, and there would be depth behind him with Joel Anthony and Zydrunas Ilgauskas.
However, the Heat can only offer the minimum, $1.4 million.
Houston can offer more, about $2 million. Dampier would come off the bench behind Yao Ming, but with the Rockets trying to lessen Yao’s injury likelihood they are limiting his minutes — 24 a game and no back-to-backs. There are a lot of minutes to be had on a team many consider a dark horse threat in the West.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13