Sep 21, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
We tried to prepare you for this Celtics fans — the Brian Scalabrine era in Boston has come to an end.
The team’s victory cigar at the end of its bench has signed a make-good deal with the Chicago Bulls and will attend their camp, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
This came about because new Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau pushed for it. For a couple reasons. One is that he wants an inside-out offense, with Carlos Boozer and the slashing of Derrick Rose getting the ball in the paint. Scalabrine can still knock it down, he is a 35 percent career guy from three.
Second, he knows Thibodeau’s system. It helps coaches to bring in a guy or two from their past gig to help the new team learn the ropes. Scalabrine can do that.
He’ll have to earn his spot on the roster, but if the coach is backing you it’s a good start. Terms of the deal were not released but you can safely bet league minimum.
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 0
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 14
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 26
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful