Sep 21, 2010, 9:48 PM EST
We tried to prepare you for this Celtics fans — the Brian Scalabrine era in Boston has come to an end.
The team’s victory cigar at the end of its bench has signed a make-good deal with the Chicago Bulls and will attend their camp, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
This came about because new Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau pushed for it. For a couple reasons. One is that he wants an inside-out offense, with Carlos Boozer and the slashing of Derrick Rose getting the ball in the paint. Scalabrine can still knock it down, he is a 35 percent career guy from three.
Second, he knows Thibodeau’s system. It helps coaches to bring in a guy or two from their past gig to help the new team learn the ropes. Scalabrine can do that.
He’ll have to earn his spot on the roster, but if the coach is backing you it’s a good start. Terms of the deal were not released but you can safely bet league minimum.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18