Sep 21, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
We tried to prepare you for this Celtics fans — the Brian Scalabrine era in Boston has come to an end.
The team’s victory cigar at the end of its bench has signed a make-good deal with the Chicago Bulls and will attend their camp, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
This came about because new Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau pushed for it. For a couple reasons. One is that he wants an inside-out offense, with Carlos Boozer and the slashing of Derrick Rose getting the ball in the paint. Scalabrine can still knock it down, he is a 35 percent career guy from three.
Second, he knows Thibodeau’s system. It helps coaches to bring in a guy or two from their past gig to help the new team learn the ropes. Scalabrine can do that.
He’ll have to earn his spot on the roster, but if the coach is backing you it’s a good start. Terms of the deal were not released but you can safely bet league minimum.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4