Sep 20, 2010, 4:18 PM EST
Mark Cuban is coming back to television, not just on the sidelines at Mavs games but in a role on a reality show. Fortunately this time we will not need some kind of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind memory erasers to get images of him in dancing in a sleeveless shirt out of our minds.
The owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks and chairman of cable channel HDNet will be a guest venture capitalist for three episodes.
The pitch-perfect casting has the always-opinionated Cuban joining the regular panel of self-made multimillionaires judging business ventures pitched by enterprising small-business owners.
Like Freeman, I had to Google Shark Tank, as it turns out is not part of Shark Week on Discovery Channel. (David Stern, however, would like Cuban to do some personal appearances on Shark Week as well, ideally without the cage.)
It’s a show where entrepreneurs pitch their ideas and personalities to rich celebrities and businessmen, who decide if they are going to invest in the business.
My suggestion to the people coming on Shark Tank — Tequila. High end stuff. Saw something where Cuban is really into that stuff.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)