Sep 20, 2010, 4:18 PM EDT
Mark Cuban is coming back to television, not just on the sidelines at Mavs games but in a role on a reality show. Fortunately this time we will not need some kind of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind memory erasers to get images of him in dancing in a sleeveless shirt out of our minds.
The owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks and chairman of cable channel HDNet will be a guest venture capitalist for three episodes.
The pitch-perfect casting has the always-opinionated Cuban joining the regular panel of self-made multimillionaires judging business ventures pitched by enterprising small-business owners.
Like Freeman, I had to Google Shark Tank, as it turns out is not part of Shark Week on Discovery Channel. (David Stern, however, would like Cuban to do some personal appearances on Shark Week as well, ideally without the cage.)
It’s a show where entrepreneurs pitch their ideas and personalities to rich celebrities and businessmen, who decide if they are going to invest in the business.
My suggestion to the people coming on Shark Tank — Tequila. High end stuff. Saw something where Cuban is really into that stuff.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 0
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 9
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 25
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88