Sep 19, 2010, 10:47 AM EST
It’s not just you, me and every scout on the planet that thinks John Wall is going to be very good. So do his fellow rookies.
During the rookie photo shoot last month, the league’s rookies took a survey about their expectations for the coming year (and John Schuhmann of NBA.com had the results). The player they think will win rookie of the year? John Wall. The rookie who will have the best career? John Wall? The best playmaker? John Wall.
Not really a shock there, what is interesting who comes in second in those categories.
Second in the rookie of the year poll and third in the best career question was Blake Griffin, who will play his rookie season for the Clippers after sitting out a year injured.
Third in the ROY and second in the best career question — DeMarcus Cousins. Who fell to fifth in the draft because teams had questions about his focus and commitment. Players had no such concerns. Cousins also won the voting for funniest rookie. Maybe that’s it, you know how GMs all hate funny.
The voting for most overlooked rookie went like this: Lance Stephenson (Indiana), Luke Babbitt (Portland), Devin Ebanks (L.A. Lakers), Jeremy Lin (Golden State) and Craig Brackins (New Orleans).
Best athlete voting went to Terrico White of Detroit, best shooter to Babbitt and best defender went to Avery Bradley of Boston, the latter of which seems like a good fit.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 5
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)