Sep 19, 2010, 10:47 AM EST
It’s not just you, me and every scout on the planet that thinks John Wall is going to be very good. So do his fellow rookies.
During the rookie photo shoot last month, the league’s rookies took a survey about their expectations for the coming year (and John Schuhmann of NBA.com had the results). The player they think will win rookie of the year? John Wall. The rookie who will have the best career? John Wall? The best playmaker? John Wall.
Not really a shock there, what is interesting who comes in second in those categories.
Second in the rookie of the year poll and third in the best career question was Blake Griffin, who will play his rookie season for the Clippers after sitting out a year injured.
Third in the ROY and second in the best career question — DeMarcus Cousins. Who fell to fifth in the draft because teams had questions about his focus and commitment. Players had no such concerns. Cousins also won the voting for funniest rookie. Maybe that’s it, you know how GMs all hate funny.
The voting for most overlooked rookie went like this: Lance Stephenson (Indiana), Luke Babbitt (Portland), Devin Ebanks (L.A. Lakers), Jeremy Lin (Golden State) and Craig Brackins (New Orleans).
Best athlete voting went to Terrico White of Detroit, best shooter to Babbitt and best defender went to Avery Bradley of Boston, the latter of which seems like a good fit.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4