Sep 19, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
It’s not just you, me and every scout on the planet that thinks John Wall is going to be very good. So do his fellow rookies.
During the rookie photo shoot last month, the league’s rookies took a survey about their expectations for the coming year (and John Schuhmann of NBA.com had the results). The player they think will win rookie of the year? John Wall. The rookie who will have the best career? John Wall? The best playmaker? John Wall.
Not really a shock there, what is interesting who comes in second in those categories.
Second in the rookie of the year poll and third in the best career question was Blake Griffin, who will play his rookie season for the Clippers after sitting out a year injured.
Third in the ROY and second in the best career question — DeMarcus Cousins. Who fell to fifth in the draft because teams had questions about his focus and commitment. Players had no such concerns. Cousins also won the voting for funniest rookie. Maybe that’s it, you know how GMs all hate funny.
The voting for most overlooked rookie went like this: Lance Stephenson (Indiana), Luke Babbitt (Portland), Devin Ebanks (L.A. Lakers), Jeremy Lin (Golden State) and Craig Brackins (New Orleans).
Best athlete voting went to Terrico White of Detroit, best shooter to Babbitt and best defender went to Avery Bradley of Boston, the latter of which seems like a good fit.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 31
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23