Sep 19, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
Jawad Williams was a big deal for a little over a week last season. He really was. He scored 12 points on January 31st. He had 9 points and 5 rebounds on January 29th. And then he really broke out and scored 17 points on February 9th. It wasn’t so much a revelation, as a grassroots groundswell, really.
Anyway the young forward full of promise has signed the Cavs’ qualifying offer for $1.02 million this season and will return to the Cavaliers to compete for the starting small forward spot, so sayeth the Windhorst. The Cavs have an opening at that position as you may have heard when a small-time player took his talents elsewhere
Williams will battle with Jamario Moon and Joey Graham for the role. So he’s pretty much got an even chance of getting it, especially if the Cavs decide to hold a firesale. Williams can contribute. The question will be how much and in what capacity.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9