Sep 19, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
Jawad Williams was a big deal for a little over a week last season. He really was. He scored 12 points on January 31st. He had 9 points and 5 rebounds on January 29th. And then he really broke out and scored 17 points on February 9th. It wasn’t so much a revelation, as a grassroots groundswell, really.
Anyway the young forward full of promise has signed the Cavs’ qualifying offer for $1.02 million this season and will return to the Cavaliers to compete for the starting small forward spot, so sayeth the Windhorst. The Cavs have an opening at that position as you may have heard when a small-time player took his talents elsewhere
Williams will battle with Jamario Moon and Joey Graham for the role. So he’s pretty much got an even chance of getting it, especially if the Cavs decide to hold a firesale. Williams can contribute. The question will be how much and in what capacity.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20