Sep 19, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
Jawad Williams was a big deal for a little over a week last season. He really was. He scored 12 points on January 31st. He had 9 points and 5 rebounds on January 29th. And then he really broke out and scored 17 points on February 9th. It wasn’t so much a revelation, as a grassroots groundswell, really.
Anyway the young forward full of promise has signed the Cavs’ qualifying offer for $1.02 million this season and will return to the Cavaliers to compete for the starting small forward spot, so sayeth the Windhorst. The Cavs have an opening at that position as you may have heard when a small-time player took his talents elsewhere
Williams will battle with Jamario Moon and Joey Graham for the role. So he’s pretty much got an even chance of getting it, especially if the Cavs decide to hold a firesale. Williams can contribute. The question will be how much and in what capacity.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 15
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 16
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46