Sep 19, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
Jawad Williams was a big deal for a little over a week last season. He really was. He scored 12 points on January 31st. He had 9 points and 5 rebounds on January 29th. And then he really broke out and scored 17 points on February 9th. It wasn’t so much a revelation, as a grassroots groundswell, really.
Anyway the young forward full of promise has signed the Cavs’ qualifying offer for $1.02 million this season and will return to the Cavaliers to compete for the starting small forward spot, so sayeth the Windhorst. The Cavs have an opening at that position as you may have heard when a small-time player took his talents elsewhere
Williams will battle with Jamario Moon and Joey Graham for the role. So he’s pretty much got an even chance of getting it, especially if the Cavs decide to hold a firesale. Williams can contribute. The question will be how much and in what capacity.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 4
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 19
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 55
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11