Sep 18, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Just so we’re clear, this isn’t a woman thing. If this were the WNBA, I wouldn’t want their significant others chiming in on what’s going on with them as free agents or trade prospects, either. This mostly has to do with it being La La Vasquez. After La La decided to open her mouth and get all chatty Cathy about the Knicks, Vasquez went on Denver radio yesterday (via the Denver Post) and tried to simmer the bubbling stew of rumors about Carmelo down a bit.
“You just kind of laugh and go through with it. Whenever anything is
going to happen, if it is going to happen, we’ll deal with it at that
point. But right now, he’s happy to be Denver Nugget. That’s where my
home is and where my mind is right now.”
Oh, okay, right now. Well that clears that up, La. Should stop those rumors cold. Wait, you had something else to say on the matter?
“As of now, the plans are to report back to Denver for training camp. So let’s just see how this plays out.”
Well, then! If I’m a Nugget fan who believes in Melo I’m feeling swimmingly. As of this exact moment, Melo doesn’t plan on avoiding training camp for the team he’s under contract with. That’s a relief! And the situation is totally over, other than her saying “let’s see how this plays out” which would mean there’s something to play out.
Not that she’d really be aware of anything, because she’s probably getting about as much information from Masai Ujiri as I am. Okay, a little more.
Thanks for the update, Ms. Vasquez. Keep us in the loop, won’t you?
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10