Sep 18, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Just so we’re clear, this isn’t a woman thing. If this were the WNBA, I wouldn’t want their significant others chiming in on what’s going on with them as free agents or trade prospects, either. This mostly has to do with it being La La Vasquez. After La La decided to open her mouth and get all chatty Cathy about the Knicks, Vasquez went on Denver radio yesterday (via the Denver Post) and tried to simmer the bubbling stew of rumors about Carmelo down a bit.
“You just kind of laugh and go through with it. Whenever anything is
going to happen, if it is going to happen, we’ll deal with it at that
point. But right now, he’s happy to be Denver Nugget. That’s where my
home is and where my mind is right now.”
Oh, okay, right now. Well that clears that up, La. Should stop those rumors cold. Wait, you had something else to say on the matter?
“As of now, the plans are to report back to Denver for training camp. So let’s just see how this plays out.”
Well, then! If I’m a Nugget fan who believes in Melo I’m feeling swimmingly. As of this exact moment, Melo doesn’t plan on avoiding training camp for the team he’s under contract with. That’s a relief! And the situation is totally over, other than her saying “let’s see how this plays out” which would mean there’s something to play out.
Not that she’d really be aware of anything, because she’s probably getting about as much information from Masai Ujiri as I am. Okay, a little more.
Thanks for the update, Ms. Vasquez. Keep us in the loop, won’t you?
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16