Sep 18, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Just so we’re clear, this isn’t a woman thing. If this were the WNBA, I wouldn’t want their significant others chiming in on what’s going on with them as free agents or trade prospects, either. This mostly has to do with it being La La Vasquez. After La La decided to open her mouth and get all chatty Cathy about the Knicks, Vasquez went on Denver radio yesterday (via the Denver Post) and tried to simmer the bubbling stew of rumors about Carmelo down a bit.
“You just kind of laugh and go through with it. Whenever anything is
going to happen, if it is going to happen, we’ll deal with it at that
point. But right now, he’s happy to be Denver Nugget. That’s where my
home is and where my mind is right now.”
Oh, okay, right now. Well that clears that up, La. Should stop those rumors cold. Wait, you had something else to say on the matter?
“As of now, the plans are to report back to Denver for training camp. So let’s just see how this plays out.”
Well, then! If I’m a Nugget fan who believes in Melo I’m feeling swimmingly. As of this exact moment, Melo doesn’t plan on avoiding training camp for the team he’s under contract with. That’s a relief! And the situation is totally over, other than her saying “let’s see how this plays out” which would mean there’s something to play out.
Not that she’d really be aware of anything, because she’s probably getting about as much information from Masai Ujiri as I am. Okay, a little more.
Thanks for the update, Ms. Vasquez. Keep us in the loop, won’t you?
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65