Sep 17, 2010, 7:14 PM EST
This is the kind of thing you hate to hear right before camp, what the concern was when word leaked yesterday that Toronto draft pick Ed Davis injured his knee in a workout.
The Raptors announced late today that it was a meniscus injury and that they are looking at treatment options.
A torn meniscus was the injury that left Brandon Roy and Andrew Bynum slowed in the playoffs. It may or may not need surgery — depends on the severity — but either way it is likely to slow Davis at the start of the season. And as he is needed to be part of the Raptors front line rotation (which is already plenty thin) that is not good news.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13