Sep 17, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
This is the kind of thing you hate to hear right before camp, what the concern was when word leaked yesterday that Toronto draft pick Ed Davis injured his knee in a workout.
The Raptors announced late today that it was a meniscus injury and that they are looking at treatment options.
A torn meniscus was the injury that left Brandon Roy and Andrew Bynum slowed in the playoffs. It may or may not need surgery — depends on the severity — but either way it is likely to slow Davis at the start of the season. And as he is needed to be part of the Raptors front line rotation (which is already plenty thin) that is not good news.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 0
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 8
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13