Sep 17, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
This is the kind of thing you hate to hear right before camp, what the concern was when word leaked yesterday that Toronto draft pick Ed Davis injured his knee in a workout.
The Raptors announced late today that it was a meniscus injury and that they are looking at treatment options.
A torn meniscus was the injury that left Brandon Roy and Andrew Bynum slowed in the playoffs. It may or may not need surgery — depends on the severity — but either way it is likely to slow Davis at the start of the season. And as he is needed to be part of the Raptors front line rotation (which is already plenty thin) that is not good news.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 16
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 22
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1