Sep 17, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
This is the kind of thing you hate to hear right before camp, what the concern was when word leaked yesterday that Toronto draft pick Ed Davis injured his knee in a workout.
The Raptors announced late today that it was a meniscus injury and that they are looking at treatment options.
A torn meniscus was the injury that left Brandon Roy and Andrew Bynum slowed in the playoffs. It may or may not need surgery — depends on the severity — but either way it is likely to slow Davis at the start of the season. And as he is needed to be part of the Raptors front line rotation (which is already plenty thin) that is not good news.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 24
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 27
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 30
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30