Sep 17, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
This is the kind of thing you hate to hear right before camp, what the concern was when word leaked yesterday that Toronto draft pick Ed Davis injured his knee in a workout.
The Raptors announced late today that it was a meniscus injury and that they are looking at treatment options.
A torn meniscus was the injury that left Brandon Roy and Andrew Bynum slowed in the playoffs. It may or may not need surgery — depends on the severity — but either way it is likely to slow Davis at the start of the season. And as he is needed to be part of the Raptors front line rotation (which is already plenty thin) that is not good news.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 16
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 6
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 32
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2