Sep 17, 2010, 2:25 PM EST
People are not healthy eaters in Wisconsin. Sure, there are exceptions (I hear you Madison) but I’ve seen it. I live in image-conscious Los Angeles, where there are great burgers, but creative variations of the Steve Nash diet — or just sushi — are the diet staples.
Visit my relatives in Wisconsin, and it’s a different culinary world. I’m not sure what Top Chef Milwaukee would look like but my cholesterol would go up just watching it. (Kevin could win that one, too, and I’d be good with it.)
Jon Brockman, the newest Buck, knows how to win friends and influence people in Milwaukee.
What you see to the right is the Brockness Burger at AJ Bombers (found and reported by onMilwaukee.com). That thing rocks. It is actually larger than Scott Skiles. Brockman helped create it.
And for every one of his burgers sold this week Brockman is donating $10 to the Special Olympics. Good cause.
Not sure that is going to end up on the Bucks training table, however. And Steve Nash does not approve.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)