Sep 17, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
People are not healthy eaters in Wisconsin. Sure, there are exceptions (I hear you Madison) but I’ve seen it. I live in image-conscious Los Angeles, where there are great burgers, but creative variations of the Steve Nash diet — or just sushi — are the diet staples.
Visit my relatives in Wisconsin, and it’s a different culinary world. I’m not sure what Top Chef Milwaukee would look like but my cholesterol would go up just watching it. (Kevin could win that one, too, and I’d be good with it.)
Jon Brockman, the newest Buck, knows how to win friends and influence people in Milwaukee.
What you see to the right is the Brockness Burger at AJ Bombers (found and reported by onMilwaukee.com). That thing rocks. It is actually larger than Scott Skiles. Brockman helped create it.
And for every one of his burgers sold this week Brockman is donating $10 to the Special Olympics. Good cause.
Not sure that is going to end up on the Bucks training table, however. And Steve Nash does not approve.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18