Sep 17, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
People are not healthy eaters in Wisconsin. Sure, there are exceptions (I hear you Madison) but I’ve seen it. I live in image-conscious Los Angeles, where there are great burgers, but creative variations of the Steve Nash diet — or just sushi — are the diet staples.
Visit my relatives in Wisconsin, and it’s a different culinary world. I’m not sure what Top Chef Milwaukee would look like but my cholesterol would go up just watching it. (Kevin could win that one, too, and I’d be good with it.)
Jon Brockman, the newest Buck, knows how to win friends and influence people in Milwaukee.
What you see to the right is the Brockness Burger at AJ Bombers (found and reported by onMilwaukee.com). That thing rocks. It is actually larger than Scott Skiles. Brockman helped create it.
And for every one of his burgers sold this week Brockman is donating $10 to the Special Olympics. Good cause.
Not sure that is going to end up on the Bucks training table, however. And Steve Nash does not approve.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7