Sep 17, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
People are not healthy eaters in Wisconsin. Sure, there are exceptions (I hear you Madison) but I’ve seen it. I live in image-conscious Los Angeles, where there are great burgers, but creative variations of the Steve Nash diet — or just sushi — are the diet staples.
Visit my relatives in Wisconsin, and it’s a different culinary world. I’m not sure what Top Chef Milwaukee would look like but my cholesterol would go up just watching it. (Kevin could win that one, too, and I’d be good with it.)
Jon Brockman, the newest Buck, knows how to win friends and influence people in Milwaukee.
What you see to the right is the Brockness Burger at AJ Bombers (found and reported by onMilwaukee.com). That thing rocks. It is actually larger than Scott Skiles. Brockman helped create it.
And for every one of his burgers sold this week Brockman is donating $10 to the Special Olympics. Good cause.
Not sure that is going to end up on the Bucks training table, however. And Steve Nash does not approve.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32