Sep 16, 2010, 6:25 PM EDT
It is time for some kind of gesture from the people of Sacramento, because this is not who they are. This is some little ass%&@#.
For the second time in a week, a swastika was painted on a mural of Israel’s Omri Casspi, according to the Sacramento Bee. As with the first time, the police have little to go on in the case — this is done by the kind of coward who does things under cover of darkness and sits quietly when the lights are on. These kinds of crimes almost need to have a witness seeing someone in the act to make any arrests.
This is not who the people of Sacramento are. As a person and a player they stand behind him. Sacramento is a diverse and tolerant community.
I’m not sure what kind of billboard or other grand gesture the people of Sacramento can make to show that they rise above this kind of stupidity. But they will not let one fool define them.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36