Sep 16, 2010, 6:25 PM EDT
It is time for some kind of gesture from the people of Sacramento, because this is not who they are. This is some little ass%&@#.
For the second time in a week, a swastika was painted on a mural of Israel’s Omri Casspi, according to the Sacramento Bee. As with the first time, the police have little to go on in the case — this is done by the kind of coward who does things under cover of darkness and sits quietly when the lights are on. These kinds of crimes almost need to have a witness seeing someone in the act to make any arrests.
This is not who the people of Sacramento are. As a person and a player they stand behind him. Sacramento is a diverse and tolerant community.
I’m not sure what kind of billboard or other grand gesture the people of Sacramento can make to show that they rise above this kind of stupidity. But they will not let one fool define them.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 0
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 28
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 6
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19