Sep 16, 2010, 6:25 PM EDT
It is time for some kind of gesture from the people of Sacramento, because this is not who they are. This is some little ass%&@#.
For the second time in a week, a swastika was painted on a mural of Israel’s Omri Casspi, according to the Sacramento Bee. As with the first time, the police have little to go on in the case — this is done by the kind of coward who does things under cover of darkness and sits quietly when the lights are on. These kinds of crimes almost need to have a witness seeing someone in the act to make any arrests.
This is not who the people of Sacramento are. As a person and a player they stand behind him. Sacramento is a diverse and tolerant community.
I’m not sure what kind of billboard or other grand gesture the people of Sacramento can make to show that they rise above this kind of stupidity. But they will not let one fool define them.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10