Sep 16, 2010, 6:25 PM EST
It is time for some kind of gesture from the people of Sacramento, because this is not who they are. This is some little ass%&@#.
For the second time in a week, a swastika was painted on a mural of Israel’s Omri Casspi, according to the Sacramento Bee. As with the first time, the police have little to go on in the case — this is done by the kind of coward who does things under cover of darkness and sits quietly when the lights are on. These kinds of crimes almost need to have a witness seeing someone in the act to make any arrests.
This is not who the people of Sacramento are. As a person and a player they stand behind him. Sacramento is a diverse and tolerant community.
I’m not sure what kind of billboard or other grand gesture the people of Sacramento can make to show that they rise above this kind of stupidity. But they will not let one fool define them.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)