Sep 16, 2010, 1:28 PM EST
Malik Allen is going to have a 10th NBA season, apparently.
The Orlando Magic have inked him to a deal for this season. He will report to camp with the Magic and rounds out their roster at 15. Financial terms not officially released, but you can pencil in vet minimum deal.
Allen played in Denver last season, where he was often an end of the bench guy who averaged 9 minutes a game in the 51 games he got into. However, he started three games and there were others where he got some good run.
Allen was not particularly impressive in Denver, so it is a little interesting that the Magic went with the veteran rather than a youngster they could bring along and develop. Then again, this is a veteran team who wants a ring, so Allen may be a better locker room fit.
Either way, he’s in.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 11
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)