Sep 16, 2010, 1:28 PM EDT
Malik Allen is going to have a 10th NBA season, apparently.
The Orlando Magic have inked him to a deal for this season. He will report to camp with the Magic and rounds out their roster at 15. Financial terms not officially released, but you can pencil in vet minimum deal.
Allen played in Denver last season, where he was often an end of the bench guy who averaged 9 minutes a game in the 51 games he got into. However, he started three games and there were others where he got some good run.
Allen was not particularly impressive in Denver, so it is a little interesting that the Magic went with the veteran rather than a youngster they could bring along and develop. Then again, this is a veteran team who wants a ring, so Allen may be a better locker room fit.
Either way, he’s in.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65