Sep 16, 2010, 1:28 PM EDT
Malik Allen is going to have a 10th NBA season, apparently.
The Orlando Magic have inked him to a deal for this season. He will report to camp with the Magic and rounds out their roster at 15. Financial terms not officially released, but you can pencil in vet minimum deal.
Allen played in Denver last season, where he was often an end of the bench guy who averaged 9 minutes a game in the 51 games he got into. However, he started three games and there were others where he got some good run.
Allen was not particularly impressive in Denver, so it is a little interesting that the Magic went with the veteran rather than a youngster they could bring along and develop. Then again, this is a veteran team who wants a ring, so Allen may be a better locker room fit.
Either way, he’s in.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4