Sep 16, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Man, I can’t wait for actual basketball games to begin…
Dwight Howard has filed papers in court in Florida claiming that Royce Reed — the mother if his child — violated a legal gag order not allowing her to speak to the media about their relationship, according to TMZ (via Ben Maller).
Reed was part of the cast of VH1’s Basketball Wives and has spoken to the media about Howard on other occasions. We have no idea what she said on that show because we’ve never watched it, but apparently some lawyers just made hundreds of dollars an hour to watch the episodes and track what she blurted out. (Not sure it’d be worth the money, frankly.)
Reed’s representative said the information came from legal documents and therefore she did not violate the agreement.
I’m now closing my eyes, sticking my fingers in my ears and humming show tunes to myself until training camps open so I don’t have to see any more of this.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 66
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 15
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32