Sep 16, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Man, I can’t wait for actual basketball games to begin…
Dwight Howard has filed papers in court in Florida claiming that Royce Reed — the mother if his child — violated a legal gag order not allowing her to speak to the media about their relationship, according to TMZ (via Ben Maller).
Reed was part of the cast of VH1’s Basketball Wives and has spoken to the media about Howard on other occasions. We have no idea what she said on that show because we’ve never watched it, but apparently some lawyers just made hundreds of dollars an hour to watch the episodes and track what she blurted out. (Not sure it’d be worth the money, frankly.)
Reed’s representative said the information came from legal documents and therefore she did not violate the agreement.
I’m now closing my eyes, sticking my fingers in my ears and humming show tunes to myself until training camps open so I don’t have to see any more of this.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32