Sep 15, 2010, 6:54 PM EDT
interested in offering free agent center Erick Dampier a contract.
Dampier would make a lot of sense for the Jazz — starting center Mehmet Okur is still recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon, and new acquisition Al Jefferson has generally been considered a defensive liability.
Dampier is a very good defender and shot-blocker who doesn’t need the ball on offense, and both of those qualities would make him a very good frontcourt partner for Jefferson. (Or, for that matter, Chris Bosh.)
Chicago, Miami, and Denver are thought to be the other teams with a serious interest in signing Dampier.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9