Sep 15, 2010, 6:54 PM EDT
interested in offering free agent center Erick Dampier a contract.
Dampier would make a lot of sense for the Jazz — starting center Mehmet Okur is still recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon, and new acquisition Al Jefferson has generally been considered a defensive liability.
Dampier is a very good defender and shot-blocker who doesn’t need the ball on offense, and both of those qualities would make him a very good frontcourt partner for Jefferson. (Or, for that matter, Chris Bosh.)
Chicago, Miami, and Denver are thought to be the other teams with a serious interest in signing Dampier.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 7
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 12
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 20
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 97
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27