Sep 15, 2010, 6:54 PM EDT
interested in offering free agent center Erick Dampier a contract.
Dampier would make a lot of sense for the Jazz — starting center Mehmet Okur is still recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon, and new acquisition Al Jefferson has generally been considered a defensive liability.
Dampier is a very good defender and shot-blocker who doesn’t need the ball on offense, and both of those qualities would make him a very good frontcourt partner for Jefferson. (Or, for that matter, Chris Bosh.)
Chicago, Miami, and Denver are thought to be the other teams with a serious interest in signing Dampier.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14