Sep 15, 2010, 6:54 PM EDT
interested in offering free agent center Erick Dampier a contract.
Dampier would make a lot of sense for the Jazz — starting center Mehmet Okur is still recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon, and new acquisition Al Jefferson has generally been considered a defensive liability.
Dampier is a very good defender and shot-blocker who doesn’t need the ball on offense, and both of those qualities would make him a very good frontcourt partner for Jefferson. (Or, for that matter, Chris Bosh.)
Chicago, Miami, and Denver are thought to be the other teams with a serious interest in signing Dampier.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 35
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 12