Sep 15, 2010, 6:54 PM EDT
interested in offering free agent center Erick Dampier a contract.
Dampier would make a lot of sense for the Jazz — starting center Mehmet Okur is still recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon, and new acquisition Al Jefferson has generally been considered a defensive liability.
Dampier is a very good defender and shot-blocker who doesn’t need the ball on offense, and both of those qualities would make him a very good frontcourt partner for Jefferson. (Or, for that matter, Chris Bosh.)
Chicago, Miami, and Denver are thought to be the other teams with a serious interest in signing Dampier.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 4
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 19
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 55
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11