Sep 15, 2010, 1:17 PM EST
About the only people with geekier reputations than bloggers are Star Trek convention attendees and computer hackers.
Computer hackers like Shaquille O’Neal.
A former employee of Shaq and his wife is suing him and Radar Online has the story (found first by Will Brinson of FanHouse, who sums all the ugliness up well for us):
Shawn Darling claims that he worked for O’Neal — and O’Neal’s wife, Shaunie, as well as his “associates” and children as well — from late 2007 until November 2009, and that during that time, Shaq had him “wipe” Shaq’s computers and delete the information in his “AOL” account in relation to other legal issues.
Darling also claims that Shaq conspired with former members of law enforcement to help plant child pornography on Darling’s computer, that Shaq tried to break into Darling’s voicemail account, that Shaq destroyed evidence by throwing a personal computer into a lake and that there’s proof of many extramarital affairs on various forms of electronic correspondence owned by O’Neal.
It will be interesting to see how Shaq deals with this. Does he protest this and fight the lawsuit, creating more news. Or does he do what most wealthy people do — use their money to make this lawsuit go away quietly. Doesn’t matter if he’s guilty or not, people pay to make frivolous lawsuits go away all the time. It just makes life easier.
And this one has the potential to get nasty. You can just kind of feel it.
Celtics fans — expect the distractions like this to just keep on coming. It’s part of having Shaq on your team.
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 2
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 11
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 14
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (53)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)