Sep 15, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
About the only people with geekier reputations than bloggers are Star Trek convention attendees and computer hackers.
Computer hackers like Shaquille O’Neal.
A former employee of Shaq and his wife is suing him and Radar Online has the story (found first by Will Brinson of FanHouse, who sums all the ugliness up well for us):
Shawn Darling claims that he worked for O’Neal — and O’Neal’s wife, Shaunie, as well as his “associates” and children as well — from late 2007 until November 2009, and that during that time, Shaq had him “wipe” Shaq’s computers and delete the information in his “AOL” account in relation to other legal issues.
Darling also claims that Shaq conspired with former members of law enforcement to help plant child pornography on Darling’s computer, that Shaq tried to break into Darling’s voicemail account, that Shaq destroyed evidence by throwing a personal computer into a lake and that there’s proof of many extramarital affairs on various forms of electronic correspondence owned by O’Neal.
It will be interesting to see how Shaq deals with this. Does he protest this and fight the lawsuit, creating more news. Or does he do what most wealthy people do — use their money to make this lawsuit go away quietly. Doesn’t matter if he’s guilty or not, people pay to make frivolous lawsuits go away all the time. It just makes life easier.
And this one has the potential to get nasty. You can just kind of feel it.
Celtics fans — expect the distractions like this to just keep on coming. It’s part of having Shaq on your team.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 5
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 20
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 68
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 52
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 29
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4