Sep 15, 2010, 12:01 PM EDT
Lakers players spoke well of what Adam Morrison could do in practice, how he was a knockdown shooter you could not give an inch to. That strength didn’t translate into actual games, mind you, but to be fair, Morrison also got very little run to prove himself.
Now he’s looking for another chance. In Boston.
Morrison worked out recently for the Celtics and they are deciding whether to offer him a make-good contract for training camp, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Morrison worked out for several teams in Vegas back when Summer League was taking place, but his efforts haven’t gotten him a deal yet.
Morrison’s numbers from last season were not those of a guy who could contribute as a shooter. Last season as a Laker he got chances as a spot-up shooter, but he hit just 29.7 percent on those opportunities, and 15 percent from three (according to Synergy Sports). Coaches also didn’t trust him on defense, which is why Morrison didn’t get more consistent run that would allow him to find his shooting rhythm. When they did give him an opportunity, he never seized it.
He’s trying to grab it now. But a guy who struggles defensively seems a tough fit in Boston, even if that team would like one more shooter off the bench.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32