Sep 15, 2010, 12:01 PM EDT
Lakers players spoke well of what Adam Morrison could do in practice, how he was a knockdown shooter you could not give an inch to. That strength didn’t translate into actual games, mind you, but to be fair, Morrison also got very little run to prove himself.
Now he’s looking for another chance. In Boston.
Morrison worked out recently for the Celtics and they are deciding whether to offer him a make-good contract for training camp, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Morrison worked out for several teams in Vegas back when Summer League was taking place, but his efforts haven’t gotten him a deal yet.
Morrison’s numbers from last season were not those of a guy who could contribute as a shooter. Last season as a Laker he got chances as a spot-up shooter, but he hit just 29.7 percent on those opportunities, and 15 percent from three (according to Synergy Sports). Coaches also didn’t trust him on defense, which is why Morrison didn’t get more consistent run that would allow him to find his shooting rhythm. When they did give him an opportunity, he never seized it.
He’s trying to grab it now. But a guy who struggles defensively seems a tough fit in Boston, even if that team would like one more shooter off the bench.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30