Sep 14, 2010, 9:23 PM EDT
Just a week ago, Tim Thomas was talking about how he wanted to be back with Dallas, to help them win a title and to show his loyalty to them for the Mavs’ support of Thomas while he was away helping his sick wife.
But the reality of those family issues continue to take priority for Thomas. As they should.
He will not be back playing with the Mavericks this season, according to Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News.
This could mean retirement for Thomas after a 13-year NBA career. He is not disclosing his wife’s exact medical situation, wishing to keep that private.
If he does step away for the season, the league will likely let the Mavericks void the contract as not to impact their luxury tax situation.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13