Sep 14, 2010, 11:52 AM EST
Some bad player research in Spain is good news for NBA fans. Let me explain. Wait, there is not time, let me sum up.
Pops Mensah-Bonsu — who played well at Summer League — signed a deal with two-time defending Spanish league champion Caja Laboral. Then he got there and they released him after he failed the physical.
Smart money says this was just an excuse — as Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com tweeted, everyone and their cousin knew about a past knee injury and surgery for Mensah-Bonsu. And as Scott Schroeder at Ridiculous Upside noted it didn’t stop him from averaging 19.3 points and 13.5 rebounds per game for England during the Eurobasket qualifiers this summer.
Whatever. It’s all good for NBA fans, as Scott spoke to Mensah-Bonsu’s agent.
…[it’s good for] the NBA veteran and former D-League All-Star, however, as he will sign with an NBA team this week according to agent John Greig. Greig wouldn’t specify which team Mensah-Bonsu is signing with, only revealing that it is “not a team in the Northwest Division.”
He might have been a good pickup for the Timberwolves. So we can rule that out now.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31