Sep 14, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Not everyone loves Kobe Bryant’s “Black Mamba” nickname. Which makes sense in that one should not be able to nickname themselves. Except it’s Kobe, and he can do whatever he wants. So Black Mamba it is.
And Nike is down with it.
The best part about Kobe? His fans will think this is the best idea ever, his haters will say this is clearly the worst idea ever and a sign of his ego. And the two will fight it out in message boards everywhere, with questions of Durant and LeBron and Jordan coming it. Gosh, can’t wait to see all that rehashed. Again.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 0
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 16
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3