Sep 14, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Not everyone loves Kobe Bryant’s “Black Mamba” nickname. Which makes sense in that one should not be able to nickname themselves. Except it’s Kobe, and he can do whatever he wants. So Black Mamba it is.
And Nike is down with it.
The best part about Kobe? His fans will think this is the best idea ever, his haters will say this is clearly the worst idea ever and a sign of his ego. And the two will fight it out in message boards everywhere, with questions of Durant and LeBron and Jordan coming it. Gosh, can’t wait to see all that rehashed. Again.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40