Sep 14, 2010, 8:01 PM EST
The optimistic reports that Joel Przybilla would be back for the season opener — which came from Przybilla himself — have proven to be, well, a little too optimistic.
Portland General Manager Rich Cho told the Oregonian that November or December seems the more likely timeframe.
Which still isn’t bad, the question is how will Przybilla’s game be — he broke his patella, the same injury Greg Oden has struggled to overcome. Then Przybilla slipped in the shower and re-injured it. This is not good.
Oden remains a question mark for the Blazers to start the season, which means again they could be playing for a bit with just Marcus Camby as a true five. Even though he is kind of a four.
Well, at least you have the Rudy Fernandez situation to distract you.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)