Sep 14, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
The optimistic reports that Joel Przybilla would be back for the season opener — which came from Przybilla himself — have proven to be, well, a little too optimistic.
Portland General Manager Rich Cho told the Oregonian that November or December seems the more likely timeframe.
Which still isn’t bad, the question is how will Przybilla’s game be — he broke his patella, the same injury Greg Oden has struggled to overcome. Then Przybilla slipped in the shower and re-injured it. This is not good.
Oden remains a question mark for the Blazers to start the season, which means again they could be playing for a bit with just Marcus Camby as a true five. Even though he is kind of a four.
Well, at least you have the Rudy Fernandez situation to distract you.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22