Sep 14, 2010, 8:01 PM EDT
The optimistic reports that Joel Przybilla would be back for the season opener — which came from Przybilla himself — have proven to be, well, a little too optimistic.
Portland General Manager Rich Cho told the Oregonian that November or December seems the more likely timeframe.
Which still isn’t bad, the question is how will Przybilla’s game be — he broke his patella, the same injury Greg Oden has struggled to overcome. Then Przybilla slipped in the shower and re-injured it. This is not good.
Oden remains a question mark for the Blazers to start the season, which means again they could be playing for a bit with just Marcus Camby as a true five. Even though he is kind of a four.
Well, at least you have the Rudy Fernandez situation to distract you.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 10
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29