Sep 14, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
China already has all our manufacturing and Stephon Marbury. Then they might get Allen Iverson.
And now maybe Steve Francis.
The 33-year-old, once known as “Franchise” as the cornerstone of the Rockets’, said he cannot afford to sit on the bench while he can play.
He has recovered from the injuries that had plagued the late years of his basketball career and can return to the basketball court, he said.
“I will play in China if the money is good,” he said. “Coaching is also an option.”
Man, if this was a decade ago, China would have something.
Francis and his dunks and passing will drive some Chinese coach nuts but the fans will love him. And in the end, if basketball is about entertaining, you’re not going to find a better entertainer than Francis. He should pick up a few more paychecks and have fun.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 1
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 15
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6