Sep 14, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
China already has all our manufacturing and Stephon Marbury. Then they might get Allen Iverson.
And now maybe Steve Francis.
The 33-year-old, once known as “Franchise” as the cornerstone of the Rockets’, said he cannot afford to sit on the bench while he can play.
He has recovered from the injuries that had plagued the late years of his basketball career and can return to the basketball court, he said.
“I will play in China if the money is good,” he said. “Coaching is also an option.”
Man, if this was a decade ago, China would have something.
Francis and his dunks and passing will drive some Chinese coach nuts but the fans will love him. And in the end, if basketball is about entertaining, you’re not going to find a better entertainer than Francis. He should pick up a few more paychecks and have fun.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 8
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15