Sep 14, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
China already has all our manufacturing and Stephon Marbury. Then they might get Allen Iverson.
And now maybe Steve Francis.
The 33-year-old, once known as “Franchise” as the cornerstone of the Rockets’, said he cannot afford to sit on the bench while he can play.
He has recovered from the injuries that had plagued the late years of his basketball career and can return to the basketball court, he said.
“I will play in China if the money is good,” he said. “Coaching is also an option.”
Man, if this was a decade ago, China would have something.
Francis and his dunks and passing will drive some Chinese coach nuts but the fans will love him. And in the end, if basketball is about entertaining, you’re not going to find a better entertainer than Francis. He should pick up a few more paychecks and have fun.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6